Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Oct 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

So after writing to the onbudsman in March, we finally heard back from Barclaycard this week. As a reminder, we’d got the money back for the 4 of us at our address but not my parents who were also on the booking. They phoned us up this week and explained it was being rejected due to them being at a different address. They advised that next time, we booked separately from our parents. It’s a moot point now anyways as the trip didn’t go ahead, but they wouldn’t have refunded the consequential losses for all 6 of us had we needed to.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
So after writing to the onbudsman in March, we finally heard back from Barclaycard this week. As a reminder, we’d got the money back for the 4 of us at our address but not my parents who were also on the booking. They phoned us up this week and explained it was being rejected due to them being at a different address. They advised that next time, we booked separately from our parents. It’s a moot point now anyways as the trip didn’t go ahead, but they wouldn’t have refunded the consequential losses for all 6 of us had we needed to.
That's weird, our son and his family are at a different address but I finally got the money back for them. I got a reply back from the Financial Ombudsman before Barclaycard said that I was going to get the full amount of consequential losses.

Edited at 09:23 AM.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
cysmith16
Trying for More Ears

16 months later Santander have accepted the Ombudsman’s finding that we are owed nearly £1000 for our consequential loss claim. May be slow, but get there in the end.
cysmith16 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cysmith16 View Post
16 months later Santander have accepted the Ombudsman’s finding that we are owed nearly £1000 for our consequential loss claim. May be slow, but get there in the end.
Awesome
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by cysmith16 View Post
Brilliant news.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

I got the decision back from the ombudsman last week. Tbh it was all so long ago, I couldn’t really remember what my claim was but it was because we got the money back for our flights and not for my parents. Anyways, they’d investigated it and said that Barclaycard has accidentally given me the money for our refund and they shouldn’t have got it. She explained that consequential losses were only considered for certain things, like if we were abroad and TUI collapsed and we needed to get home. Booking another holiday and it costing more was our choice, and wasn’t a consequential loss. She said Barclaycard wouldn’t chase me for the money they had paid out, but they obviously wouldn’t pay for my parents either. She also recommended that we book separately for people who weren’t out dependents.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
I got the decision back from the ombudsman last week. Tbh it was all so long ago, I couldn’t really remember what my claim was but it was because we got the money back for our flights and not for my parents. Anyways, they’d investigated it and said that Barclaycard has accidentally given me the money for our refund and they shouldn’t have got it. She explained that consequential losses were only considered for certain things, like if we were abroad and TUI collapsed and we needed to get home. Booking another holiday and it costing more was our choice, and wasn’t a consequential loss. She said Barclaycard wouldn’t chase me for the money they had paid out, but they obviously wouldn’t pay for my parents either. She also recommended that we book separately for people who weren’t out dependents.
How strange, it seems they flip flop between rulings. I'm fairly sure that I read about consequential losses on MSE.