Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Nov 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

I’m sorry, what, no famous Premier Inn breakfast?

“I also picked up a bottle of water, a pot of melon (another of Charlie’s favourites!) and some energy tables.”
I’d love to know what an “energy table” is!

Love Charlie’s travel day t-shirt, and wasn’t he good on the flight!

See, I read 1.5 hours in immigration and thought “that’s not too bad” – just goes to show how terrible it can be, and I bet zero fun with a toddler when you’re all knackered and just want to be on the way. I cannot believe the gang managed a Walmart AND Disney Springs trip. Hat off to them!

That villa is absolutely gorgeous and totally your taste! Not a chintzy floral in sight!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Wow! Awesome travel day... it was very long but really went very smoothly for you all.

Charlie is an absolute superstar isn’t he, can’t believe how well he did traveling on such a long trip. I’ve got loads of tips from you guys now with all the little goodies you had for him to play with. We had one of those Magnetic Peppa boards and his favourite thing when we had a 4hr train ride was reusable stickers and boards (Galt on Amazon) he absolutely loved them and they took ages.
Grrrr to the inconsiderate recliner... I recline sometimes and think everyone should be able to but the entire flight is a bit much and not very considerate!

I could feel your excitement once you were through the other side and collecting your luggage! I really need to get back to Orlando Paris will have to do in the short term though while I’m doing my degree.

That villa is stunning, really gorgeous. We always stay in hotels but might be a villa next visit.

I’m so envious of Charlie going into his sleeping bag for bed! Thomas abandoned all baby items as soon as he turned one - sleeping bags, bottles, cot (not that he ever really liked the cot! Lol) Proper little boy...they grow up so fast don’t they xx
Oh that magnetic board was one of the best thing we bought for sure! It stays in my bag now so I can pull it out at any point he needs distracting... so simple yet so effective!

Oh I am so happy Charlie still sleeps in a sleeping bag... I'm clinging on to the last little bits of babyhood!

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
I’m sorry, what, no famous Premier Inn breakfast?

“I also picked up a bottle of water, a pot of melon (another of Charlie’s favourites!) and some energy tables.”
I’d love to know what an “energy table” is!

Love Charlie’s travel day t-shirt, and wasn’t he good on the flight!

See, I read 1.5 hours in immigration and thought “that’s not too bad” – just goes to show how terrible it can be, and I bet zero fun with a toddler when you’re all knackered and just want to be on the way. I cannot believe the gang managed a Walmart AND Disney Springs trip. Hat off to them!

That villa is absolutely gorgeous and totally your taste! Not a chintzy floral in sight!
Haha typical typo from me there... can't believe I didn't spot that one!

That 1.5 hours in immigration honestly felt like 10.5 hours... hands down one of the lowlights of my whole life!

Oh the villa was so gorgeous, was like a home from home in regards to style!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Carnard
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Love your trip reports thank you! my little boy must be about a year younger than yours and we seem to be doing disney trips at similar ages, so getting some great tips thank you!

Doesn’t that immigration line feel so much longer with a baby! I had my little one in his baby carrier for an hour and half waiting, he had a pooh-nami in the queue and then I was flagged for secondary immigration 🤦

What car seat did you take with you? The one we normally use has an isofix so need to get another one before we go next. Last time I just took the small baby one but he’ll be too tall for that now
Carnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Somehow I missed this Lisa and have only just found it, excited to catch up . What a trooper Charlie is, a little travel pro! The villa looks stunning xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Carnard View Post
Love your trip reports thank you! my little boy must be about a year younger than yours and we seem to be doing disney trips at similar ages, so getting some great tips thank you!

Doesn’t that immigration line feel so much longer with a baby! I had my little one in his baby carrier for an hour and half waiting, he had a pooh-nami in the queue and then I was flagged for secondary immigration 🤦

What car seat did you take with you? The one we normally use has an isofix so need to get another one before we go next. Last time I just took the small baby one but he’ll be too tall for that now
Oh that immigration queue honestly felt like it was never going to end... longest 90 minutes of my life!

We have a Joie Stages as our second car seat which works great for travelling with as it is seat belt fitted so will go into pretty much any car. It rear-faces to 18kg too which is a big plus for us!

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Somehow I missed this Lisa and have only just found it, excited to catch up . What a trooper Charlie is, a little travel pro! The villa looks stunning xx
He did us proud on this day bless him... I think he handled the journey much better than I did!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Navigating through MCO arrivals with children has me quaking with fear! When the time comes I might be coming tk you for tips!

That villa looks absolutely gorgeous! And your Trunki full of surprises is amazing. Love the little drawers idea!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan87
slightly serious Dibber

What a brilliant travel day, Charlie was a little star! So excited to read about your trip after loving your DLP report and getting plenty of tips for mine!
Would love to take my little ones to wdw but sadly a few years off yet due to funds, but we will def get there.

Where did you get the magnetic board? Seeing yours reminded me that we had one for Alice went we went to DLP when she was 23 months and it was perfect for queue lines and restaurants and I want to get more but now can’t find them for a reasonable price (I’m sure I only paid a pound or 2 for her princess one last time!)
disneyfan87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Navigating through MCO arrivals with children has me quaking with fear! When the time comes I might be coming tk you for tips!

That villa looks absolutely gorgeous! And your Trunki full of surprises is amazing. Love the little drawers idea!
Oh you will be absolutely fine, I think you just have to keep focused on the amazing holiday that awaits once you get out!

That said, if I was rewinding and doing this trip again I would have taken one of those fold-up pushchairs that are small enough to take as carry-on luggage... I think having that while queuing at immigration would have made the world of difference!

Originally Posted by disneyfan87 View Post
What a brilliant travel day, Charlie was a little star! So excited to read about your trip after loving your DLP report and getting plenty of tips for mine!
Would love to take my little ones to wdw but sadly a few years off yet due to funds, but we will def get there.

Where did you get the magnetic board? Seeing yours reminded me that we had one for Alice went we went to DLP when she was 23 months and it was perfect for queue lines and restaurants and I want to get more but now can’t find them for a reasonable price (I’m sure I only paid a pound or 2 for her princess one last time!)
The magnetic board was from Amazon, I think it was about £5... I am sure you could pick up something similar but for cheaper in somewhere like Poundstretcher or B&M. It was (and still is) a god send!
Old 29 Jan 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Fab travel day! Charlie did so well!

Was it easy to fit your extended rear facing seat in the hire car?
We’ll have an erf car seat next time and I’m worried. The one we have in my car is great but is a pain to fit! We need to get one for my husbands car so I need to find one easier to fit!

Your villa looks amazing as well! Love modern decor.
berniegroves is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by berniegroves View Post
Fab travel day! Charlie did so well!

Was it easy to fit your extended rear facing seat in the hire car?
We’ll have an erf car seat next time and I’m worried. The one we have in my car is great but is a pain to fit! We need to get one for my husbands car so I need to find one easier to fit!

Your villa looks amazing as well! Love modern decor.
The Joie Stages is so easy to fit! I have fitted it in a few different cars now and never had any problem! It's seat-belt fitted so just a matter of threading it through the middle and round the back... so super simple! It's such a lovely seat, Charlie always seems really comfy in it (possibly more so than in our main isofix Nuna seat which was three times the price! )