Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Nov 19, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Bites, moved rooms.

Hello,

To cut a story short we was concerned we had bugs in our bed. We was getting bit, over the cold weekend we had an early evening, Reading on the bed I got bit three times throughout my book.

Never ever had deal with anything like this, totally clueless as to what was biting us but now the other days previous bites on our legs were starting to add up.
Found odd lil black 'things' and one rusty/smear but again when you're actively looking you question anything and I've no idea!

Approached hotel who were fab, sent security to room who got housekeeping to change all our bedding but because it was so late and hotel was fully booked they couldn't move us rooms til tomorrow. They said they would get it checked.

So basically moved rooms next day (which is hard work wasted half a day)

They phoned later next day to say the 3rd party check on the room came back negative. Obviously I was worried about taking anything home. Had no issue since being moved. Now I'm thinking they were flea bites?
We can see our old room from our new room and the beds are up off the floor and against the window still two days later.

If they are flea bites do I not need extreme precautions?
Do I need be concerned that they might not want to tell me they found anything?

After Googling (which I tried avoiding because urggghh) I am thinking they fit and look more like flea (thankfully).

I've hesitated asking this because I don't want to look like I'm calling the hotel.

My bites weren't as linear or aggressively red as any Google bed bug pics but when fresh was itchy/painful and swollen, next day alot better just lingering like red small dots.

Edited at 01:55 AM.
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 03:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sound like bed bugs rife in Alll Orlando hotels even Disney
Villa owners pay a fortune for pest control which included bed bug treatments a constant worry if our guests are doing a split stay and Disney/ Universal or other hotels accomadationetc before a stay in our homes
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

It sounds like they may be fumigating the room as if the room was carpeted they could be in the carpet rather than on the bed. I had a friend who was an environmental officer for one of the councils and he used to tell me horror stories of flea infested carpets

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Why the hesitation to let other know where there might be a problem?
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pixiebelle View Post
It sounds like they may be fumigating the room as if the room was carpeted they could be in the carpet rather than on the bed. I had a friend who was an environmental officer for one of the councils and he used to tell me horror stories of flea infested carpets
Apart from curtains and small rug it's all wooden flooring. But yes I did wonder if they are. Beds still like that today too.
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Incase I was wrong? Didn't want to unnecessarily worry anyone.

I wasn't comfortable receiving a call saying tests come back Negative after being moved rooms. Feels awkward.
Old 19 Nov 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Do you think the hotel would actually tell you they found a problem?

Credit to them for moving you quickly and doing some sort of treatment, based on beds being up off the floor.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Do you think the hotel would actually tell you they found a problem?

Credit to them for moving you quickly and doing some sort of treatment, based on beds being up off the floor.
They should do if it’s bed bugs as clothes and cases will need treating. Otherwise, the OP could unwittingly take bugs with her.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Me neither, I think we all know that even the best hotels can have these problems. Bed bugs, fleas or whatever will inevitably have been brought there by someone visiting... it's the nature of the business.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
They should do if it’s bed bugs as clothes and cases will need treating. Otherwise, the OP could unwittingly take bugs with her.
This is my concern.

I understand these things happen. No blame.

I also understand I could be mistaken and just coincidence with something else biting me. Never been in this position before.