Old 28 Nov 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Five Fords Fifth Family Floriday Aug 18 - Day 13 - MK, Crystal Palace, H/Studios & Fantasmic!

Monday 20th August

Woke at 7am after a really good night’s sleep, I’d somehow managed to resist scratching my bites.

Scott walked over to the food court to get us both a hot drink, coffee for Scott and tea for myself. We drank it out on the hallway area which was so quiet, we only saw a couple of people walking around.

Hayden and Jamie had woken up but Poppy look a little longer before she was awake.

Had the left over desserts for breakfast along with some cereal, well we are on holiday!

Once ready we headed out for the day to Magic Kingdom. Wow it was a hot one.

We arrived there later than our first visit which meant it was very busy parking up and waiting for the tram.

Bag check was super busy I sharp contrast to the peaceful morning a few days before.

Transport of choice to Magic Kingdom today was the Monorail which again was busy but once we entered the park it felt a lot better, we had space.

First fastpass was for 7DMT which was as brilliant as ever. Our second was another family favourite, Big Thunder Mountain. We had no wait at all we just walked all the way through the fastpass line straight to the train, amazing!

We do enjoy this ride and I’m so glad now that Poppy is more adventurous and trying slightly bigger rides and roller coasters.
It was super hot so we decided to go over to Tom Sawyer’s Island for a wonder around and a bit of shade. I’d read that it was a good place to chill in for a little while. We’d never been over before so it was something new for us to see.

We caught the little raft over and when we jumped off it we found the coldest water fountain! So welcome on this hot day!

The island was really quiet we only saw a handful of other families as we walked around. There were plenty of shady spots around with lots of little indoor areas to explore too. We spent a nice amount of time here.

We then returned as our last pre booked fastpass was approaching for Belles Enchanted Tales. Poppy wasn’t chosen for any of the character's, a toddler was picked out to be the Beast which i thought was a little strange. The little girl didn’t really understand what was happening and kept crying for her mum, eventually they swapped the toddler out to a slightly older girl who was so chuffed to dance with Belle. I think the CM wasn’t new a she kept being prompted by another CM at various points!

This really is such a sweet and charming meet and greet and anyone can have their photo took with Belle after the story has finished.

Afterwards it wasnearly time for our ADR at Crystal Palace, we’ve eaten breakfast here a couple of times but had never been for lunch.

We couldn't help but admire the castle on our walk over to lunch it was looking so beautiful in the glorious sunshine!

As always it was very busy outside, we checked in and didn’t have too much of a wait before being called in.

We were seated on a lovely table near to the food so we didn’t have far to get our grub and we soon tucked in.

Piglet was first to our table then Eeyore

[APP]https://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/14579/e2d10c2bf9a253.jpg[/APP

We then had time for a few desserts.

Tigger came next and then lastly Pooh Bear.

The characters were all really nice and we didn’t feel rushed. We thought the food was good too but the character meal was very expensive for what it is. Thankfully we were on the dining plan so only had the tip to pay!

I’d managed to get a fastpass for Mickey’s Philharmagic, not that we really needed it, so we went there next to watch the fab show.

On our walk over though we had a few photopass photo's taken by a photographer who was training. We thought the pics turned out ok.

After Philarmagic we then got a return time for Space Mountain as Hayden wanted to go on it. As we waited we got a fastpass for Buzz Lightyear. We seemed to be in line for ages not moving, there was have been some issue of some kind? After quite some time waiting the line started moving and we managed to get some decent scores on this.

Whilst Scott, Hayden and Jamie went on Space Mountain Poppy and I had a little ride on the People Mover. We had a good whizz around on here it’s such a good ride to chill on.

We used some of our snack credits on some smoothies from Gravity Galactic, they were really quite good.

Went on the Speedway next, had a good drive around then we felt super brave and went on the Mad Tea Party next. First time I’d been on this as I’ve always been so scared of feeling sick! We didn’t spin the teacup round much so I think that helped me not to feel too dizzy. Ended up really enjoying the ride!

Walking back through the park we noticed a photo pass lady at the purple wall so we stopped for a few pics.

Afterwards we used some more of our snack credits as new had so many to use. We got the bags of Goofy sweets so that we could take them home for Jamie and Poppy’s friends.

We decided to call it a day then but as we were leaving the flag retreat ceremony was just about to start. Has we’d not seen it before we decided to watch the flag being taken down and we found it to be quite a beautiful ceremony.

On our way back home we needed to put some petrol in the car, only put $5 in as we’d be taking it back to Avis soon.

After getting showered and changed we walked over to the food court for our tea. Scott and I were still quite full from lunch so we didn’t eat much of our food. The kids also got a quick service meal each which they couldn’t finish we should’ve really shared 3 or 4 meals between us instead of wasting so much of it.

Drove over to Hollywood Studios the entrance had changed again which kind of confused us a little.

We managed to get a fast pass for Tower of Terror whilst we were eating our tea at Riverside. I took the boy’s on this is one of our favourites and it was as brilliant as always! It seemed to go up and down loads of times!

Scott took Hayden over to get a return time for Rock n Roller Coaster but the CM let Scott and the boys in straight away, how lovely of him.

The first Fantasmic show was on at that time so it was really quiet around there. Poppy and I had a look in the shop whilst we waited. Soon saw Hayden walking off the ride with the biggest smile on his face, he so loves this one.

We managed to catch the last part of Movie Show before walking over to the second showing of Fantasmic. We got there around 10 minutes before it started and it wasn’t busy at all - loads of good seating still available. Poppy wanted to sit near the front but I couldn’t be doing with getting wet so we opted for a halfway spot.

Just before the show started it did get a busier but there was still lots of empty seats scattered around.

We got some popcorn to nibble on whilst we watched the show and some frozen lemonade too as it still felt so hot.

Fantasmic is not a favourite of mine but I must admit to really enjoying this performance. Scott wondered if it was because we weren’t packed in like sardines and we had a decent view so we could see it properly. Whatever it was we’d had a lovely night here.

The walk back to the car was really long as it didn’t benefit us walking to the tram stop which had been moved. It would have been a longer walk to get there.

We got home at 11.30 and we went straight to bed after another fab day!
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Love Crystal Palace - glad you’re enjoyed. Sounds like a nice break from the heat too.

Love Poppy’s ears at HS too! They look fab don’t they we are big fans of Fantasmic, it’s the music - so pleased you enjoyed it xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Another great day. Fantastic isn't one of my favourites either, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think we should give it another try.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Love Crystal Palace - glad you’re enjoyed. Sounds like a nice break from the heat too.

Love Poppy’s ears at HS too! They look fab don’t they we are big fans of Fantasmic, it’s the music - so pleased you enjoyed it xx
It was a change to go to lunch instead of breakfast but i was glad we did.

Ahh thank you Michelle.
I really warmed to Fantasmic on that night and quite enjoyed the show xx

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Another great day. Fantastic isn't one of my favourites either, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think we should give it another try.
I thought it was just me lol. Maybe give it another go Lynda you may enjoy it another time round
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List