Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 8 Dec 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Having to go to the in-laws every Christmas morning for 50 years.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I completely agree about the poinsettia, I try to buy mine just a couple of days before Xmas now so it may last a whole week

I hate Christmas lights that worked last year but fail to work when you unpack them the following year.

I also hate that DH can’t park when we go out as the car parks are full. His bad mood at this continues throughout the whole shopping trip

Hate that we can’t get a reservation at any decent local restaurants (of which there are only a few) for next weekend two weeks before the meal as everyone booked it in June 😔
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I hate the weight gain. I also have zero self control 😳
Busyness annoys me a bit too but generally I love it all.
Usually I take on far too much work which winds my husband up hugely but due to a myriad of family issues I’ve cancelled almost everything now until Jan so I can be a decent parent/wife/daughter/friend for a bit.
I’m a total control freak (according to family and friends) and this is so unlike me but actually it feels amazing to not be juggling 5000 plates

Edited at 07:07 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
The shops in December - packed and not able to look at anything and people with bad attitudes..
Agree with this - people don’t venture out all year & then bam, 1st December - the world & his wife suddenly appear & all manners & politeness go right out the window ! 😂🤪😂
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I don’t like it when it’s all over 😫
I don’t like it when it’s all over either & then bleak January starts !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Losing the bag of blooming tinsel and other bits and pieces that your forgot to take down the year before, its always put somewhere "safe" which is usually somewhere stupid🤦

People claiming they're "donating to charity" instead of Christmas cards. Why? You can donate all year round, so just send a card and bring a smile to someone's face, who you actually know. Charity begins at home IMO. ESP in the world we live in now where it's all doom and gloom.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Work, I work in retail and it's a nightmare.
Rude customers long hours and lucky to get 2 days off.
I had one customer who was so rude today he was lucky he didn't get his shopping thrown at him
I was just about to type exactly the same, I work in retail and its hard going especially this time of year, I don't let things bother me usually I can handle the rudeness and sometimes abuse off customers but today it got to me and I had to go and have a moment in the stockroom to calm down. I get minimum pay for putting up with 💩 a lot of other people wouldn't put up with for a lot more money. Other things I hate about Christmas again working in retail is how long the prep and time selling for the season goes on we've been selling Christmas stock since early September, give it a few more days we will be gearing up for boxing day sales 🙄🙄
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
Losing the bag of blooming tinsel and other bits and pieces that your forgot to take down the year before, its always put somewhere "safe" which is usually somewhere stupid🤦

People claiming they're "donating to charity" instead of Christmas cards. Why? You can donate all year round, so just send a card and bring a smile to someone's face, who you actually know. Charity begins at home IMO. ESP in the world we live in now where it's all doom and gloom.
I work with someone who writes no Christmas cards to her work friends each year because she donates to charity, she asked me outright other year why I hadn't given her a card when I'd given one to everyone else and said she only hadn't wrote me one because she chose to donate to charity instead... I replied I donate to various charities over the year but still send cards, she never asked again 😉
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Prospect1
VIP Dibber

People putting Decorations up before December starts.
Prospect1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I work with someone who writes no Christmas cards to her work friends each year because she donates to charity, she asked me outright other year why I hadn't given her a card when I'd given one to everyone else and said she only hadn't wrote me one because she chose to donate to charity instead... I replied I donate to various charities over the year but still send cards, she never asked again 😉
See I had that one time before too. I was asked why I didn't send cards anymore, I told them I did, but only to people who take the time to send to me or those whom I know have genuine reasons for not sending.
They went on to say I like getting cards but dont send them as I give to charity, my reply was, Well I dont need a special occasion to give to charity, and yo me, sending Christmas cards is helping others in more ways than one. And for the sake of the cost of a box of cards and some stamps, I can still send cards and donate too.

I actually only donate to local food banks now which are run by volunteers, as at least I know where it's going.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List