Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Mar 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Aug 17 Cheeseballs, Chipmunks, Chunder and Chaps in Uniform - Day 17 IOA, Shopping & Epcot

Aug 17 Cheeseballs, Chipmunks, Chunder and Chaps in Uniform - Day 17 IOA, Shopping & Epcot

Disney steps 15,853 5.90 miles

After our late night late night I needed a slower tempo and to face the dreaded fact we were going home in a few days and the packing was not going to do itself and it was not going to fit into the cases we had!

We bravely let the girls go over to IOA under strict instructions to be back at the room by 12, the good thing about iphones is you can watch where they are lol. They had been well behaved and knew exactly where they were going so I only checked on them about 20 times!

We stripped off all packaging and labels from all the new stuff – packed as much as we could and absolutely we would need another large case. Thankfully we were doing the Disney Springs check in on our last day so we could pay the fees etc. there. The girls had rung and asked for an extension of 45 minutes which was fine as we wrestled with the cases scales and they arrived back bang on time so we decided to hit the shops for a case and some lunch.

They had a great time and had ridden The Hulk, Dr Dooms Fear Fall, grabbed a drink (very sensible) tried to do Dragon challenge but the line was too long and they had already asked for an extension so they walked round the park to come back.

We jumped in the car and went to Wholefoods Markets
where we found a hot and cold food area that you bought (paid for mainly by weight)
and then walked round to eat in their café, which is just a seating area. It was good quality and a great choice and we’d do it again now we understand what it’s all about. There was a mix of salad, pizza, orange chicken, rices, allsorts really. We had a scoot around the shop –lots of good healthy foods but nothing that took our fancy to go home – if I was staying in a villa I’d do a food shop here though.

We came out into the absolutely blazing sun and only made it as far as Dunkin Donuts next door lol. TBH I prefer Krispy Kremes.
DD was Ok but not worth a special trip. Next stop was Walmarts to get a suitcase.

The girsl sat in McDs whilst Steve and I picked up the last essentials; One large suitcase,
some bounce sheets- these are SOOOO cheap – my two boxes from Walmart will last the entire year before we go back, some small ziplock bags requested by my friend- I’ll be stocking up on those next trip too. And a selection of small gifts for work colleagues and a ton of sugar free gum for me – the flavours are much better in the US.

We dropped everything back off at the room – took some bad photos in the hotel
and headed out to Epcot. There were more Disney trips left in those tickets. I’d bagged a couple of fastpasses and we made Spaceship Earth – green now it had opened,
Mission Space, Soarin for me, I loved that ride – but it finished really late so the Steve and the girls literally ran over to Test Track for a final ride and I sauntered across and waited for them to come out. They finally surfaced and we made the trek home to HRH to out tidier room now lots had been packed, a few cheeseballs and hit the sack.

Night night all, USF, IOS, USF and Chocolate Emporium tomorrow!

Index is HERE
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A nice day, glad you got everything packed up! Must be nice to let the girls have a bit of freedom and a bit of time away from each other!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I bet the girls had fun off on their own for a bit, plus it's much easier to pack when they are not getting in the way! Fab photo of you all at the end.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Love that you’re still managing some Disney time.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

HRH and universal grew on me and it was so easy to nip to the universal parks from the hotel but I am definitely a Disney girl at heart

thank you so much to everyone for reading along
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Looks like you had a lovely day.
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I hate the packing at the end of a trip. On our first visit DH insisted on buying a toolbox in Walmart and I had the fun of trying to pack that! I was all for sending it as a piece of luggage on it's own but DH was worried that it would get 'lost' so I had to try and fit it inside one of the cases. It was a bit of a nightmare to be honest and I only managed it by packing bits of underwear and socks etc inside the toolbox compartments!

A bit of bonus Disney magic again tonight.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List