Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Aug 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Disney Buses Concerns

I have read, in various places reviews of the journey times from A to B on WDW transport, post below states 81 minutes from POR to Grand Floridian. Having used transport for many years I really never found it an issue. However next year travelling with our four-year-old Grandson and he is not going to want to sit on a bus for that length of time. A quick google shows most parks within a 40-45 minute journey going I can live with that and returning as we will not be spending late nights in the parks I have planned various ADR s Wave, Narcoosee, and Ohanas. Am considering Uber for these journeys and quick returns back to the hotel. Where can I find approx costs and also how do we get a car seat certainly don't want to drag that around with us

Car hire probably not viable from a cost perspective
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

From resorts to parks we have never really been on a bus for any longer than 15-20 mins max. Although you could be waiting for max similar time before the bus comes of course.

Then to get from MK to the resorts where you have ADRs it’s nice to get the boat or monorail across.

I would suggest door to door for POR to MK resorts you are looking at 60 mins.

Hopefully easy to plan with the bus timetables on MDE.

However, may be a little easier to get a taxi from resort to resort. Can’t comment on prices as only did this once and this was almost 6 years ago from Beach Club to Contemporary.

Anyhow, I would say you shouldn’t have any concerns about the Disney transport. We have always found it fantastic with only delays found after fireworks / park close.
Old 17 Aug 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
From resorts to parks we have never really been on a bus for any longer than 15-20 mins max. Although you could be waiting for max similar time before the bus comes of course.

Then to get from MK to the resorts where you have ADRs it’s nice to get the boat or monorail across.

I would suggest door to door for POR to MK resorts you are looking at 60 mins.

Hopefully easy to plan with the bus timetables on MDE.

However, maybe a little easier to get a taxi from resort to resort. Can’t comment on prices as only did this once and this was almost 6 years ago from Beach Club to Contemporary.

Anyhow, I would say you shouldn’t have any concerns about the Disney transport. We have always found it fantastic with only delays found after fireworks/park close.
thanks. As I said been over 13 times never had an issue but the 81 minutes gave me food for thought Agree, I was just looking at the routes and remembered that we always went to MK and then took the monorail it to the hotels around there.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Honestly, try not to worry too much. Buses from resorts to parks are pretty quick - 10-25 minutes depending on the resort and park. There have been times when we've been on the bus and have been surprised that we've arrived at the park already. We've had 5 onsite stays (6th next year) and never have a car, so rely on the Disney buses and find them to be very good overall.

Travelling between resorts will take longer as there are no buses between them, so you generally have to go to a park or Disney Springs and change there. If eating at another resort, or wanting to visit other resorts, I try to plan it around a day that we'll be at the closest park. So, if I wanted to eat at AKL, then if plan it for a day when we're visiting AK for example.

For POR to GF, you'd be looking at about 25 minutes to MK, then a trip on the monorail to get to GF. I can't see it taking 81 minutes of actual travelling time. There may be time waiting for the bus and monorail, but you shouldn't actually be sat on transport for 81 minutes. Believe me, if it was that had then we wouldn't use it as happily and regularly as we do

This transport planner is helpful: https://wdwprepschool.com/wdw-prep-navigator/

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Maybe consider the Minnie Vans too. They're $25, so will be more expensive than Uber, but come with car seats, so might be worth it if you're concerned about that:
disneyworld.disney.go/en...e-van-service/

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

One thing to keep in mind is that to take a bus to a resort, you can wait quite a bit of time at non-peak hours. I think 81 minutes may be realistic if you "just miss" one bus and need to wait for another.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Thanks guys. You’ve confirmed what I remembered of transport.

I’ll carry on planning.
Old 17 Aug 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

FYI to look at approx costs for Uber or Lyft you can download either app, input the locations and see what price is displayed, don’t book though obviously.

Similarly if you have google maps app, input each location and look on the taxi tab on the display time estimates, it’ll give you estimate $ for Lyft and Uber