Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Aug 18, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Luigi
Helping Donald

Mobile Thomas Cook MT2975 - 24 Hour Delay

I couldn't see any other Dibbers posts on this, but wanted to ask for some advice please.

On Wednesday we were due to fly TC from MCO to LGW at 5.35pm. We sat on the plane for a while, when the Captain informed us there was a minor technical issue with the plane and it was estimated that it would be fixed in 30 minutes. After a further hour, we were informed that the problem was more complicated than first thought and the flight had to be delayed until the next day as the repair was going to take several hours. To Thomas Cooks credit, within 2 hours we were at the Rosen Shingle Creek, with dinner and breakfast vouchers.
On Thursday morning we were updated that the plane had been fixed and the new depart time was 5pm. We were given lunch vouchers and times when the buses would leave for the airport. We did leave MCO at around 5.20pm and landed at LGW on Friday morning at 6.20am. To be honest I really couldn't fault TC at how they handled it, however there was no mention of compensation at all, except one rep saying on the bus before departing the hotel that we could claim online via the TC website, which I have done.

My advice point is, are we genuinely entitled to the €600 compensation from the EU regs, if the delay was States side and TC have provided the accommodation and the vouchers?
Also, I have had no email confirmation of my claim from TC. Has anyone had any experience of claiming from TC? Should I have received an immediate confirmation or does it take a while?

Thanks in advance.
L
Luigi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. Yes you are fully entitled to claim the compensation. It was a technical issue and therefore payable.
The accomodation and refreshments TC sorted out are in addition to the compensation and not part of it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:18 AM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

As Tom said, you are fully entitled to the 600 euros as tech failures are not considered to meet the extraordinary circumstances get out. The hotel and food TC provided was under the duty of care provisions of EU261 and is due in addition to the compo of 600 euros
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Theres another bright side to this, better 24hrs delay on the way home than on the way there! Good luck for your claim going smoothly 😀 I'm really glad that you were easily accommodated and fed too. Hope the delay didn't cause any issues for you back home.
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes you are entitled to claim.
We were delayed 27 hours coming home from Cuba with TC almost 3 years ago and claimed.
It took almost 2 years to settle and in the end we had to get a company involved who took their cut so we ended up with just under £400.
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Thomas Cook aren't the worse at paying out. That title belongs to Thomson.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Do it yourself if possible, don’t give a large cut to claims companies.
Old 9 Oct 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsgiggs
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We were delayed 5 hours a couple of weeks ago. I claimed via their web site claim form never received confirmation. I opted for the vouchers and got £1400 worth of vouchers emailed to me yesterday.
mrsgiggs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

You could use Resolver on martins money saver website in addition to going direct to Tc, I’ve used them in the past for something else and it done the job.

Good luck !

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsgiggs View Post
We were delayed 5 hours a couple of weeks ago. I claimed via their web site claim form never received confirmation. I opted for the vouchers and got £1400 worth of vouchers emailed to me yesterday.
Wow £1400, that is alot of vouchers. What are you entitled to for a 5 hour delay ((fortunately I've never had long flight delays)?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List