Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MistySunshine
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

I’m so excited. Keep checking daily. First time the whole family will be going! Looking at 19.7.19-2.8.19.
MistySunshine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

The key to getting good fares is not what the prices are today but what you are prepared to pay set the figure and when and if prices come to that book if they don’t look for something else. Last year we paid £1275 2A1C direct to MIA and Ford Edge for three weeks fly8ng out I think 2nd August we upgqrded to MCE but it was still what I was happy with.

This year we were in two minds anyway and I said if I could get flights for under £1k for all three indirect we would go. I got it to £1140 but it was over my budget so did not book.

Instead we booked out to Denver and Back from LA over October half term flights were about £770 for three (direct out indirect BA Know) and worked out £920 with luggage and seats though we will upgrade to Economy plus.

If you book your flights before they are released or the day or a few days after it’s rarely the cheapest time skyscanner says 26 weeks before is the cheapest time for Florida. I know it’s nice to have all booked early but hanging on will usually save you money.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

For my Colorado trip I used faregeek I would not reccomend them for service they cancelled my flights as the price had gone up £41 between me paying them and them booking the ticket. However if you book by credit card I could not find close to the price and their customer service was ok. To make up for the £41 they gave me the ticket upgrade for full luggage and seat res for about £80 for three people I think. Anyway ticketed by united now so happy.

People book8ng before flights are released and as soon as they come out don’t do anyone else any favours on prove.

Edited at 05:34 PM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bradleysmummy
Imagineer

Bradleysmummy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

We need summer dates too liking for 24/7 - 09/8 roughly.

Got a few prices from agents but waiting until flight prices are released in the next couple of weeks. Would love direct but prices are over £5k for 2 ad 3 ch. Got indirect for £3700 with hotel last year so like to get close to that is poss!
Bradleysmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Hoping to fly out around 15th Aug till end of august/start of Sept. Probably into mco so we can get the magical express and not hire a car to start with. Will consider tampa for the right price though as prefer flying into Tampa.
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Nellie75
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bradleysmummy View Post
We need summer dates too liking for 24/7 - 09/8 roughly.

Got a few prices from agents but waiting until flight prices are released in the next couple of weeks. Would love direct but prices are over £5k for 2 ad 3 ch. Got indirect for £3700 with hotel last year so like to get close to that is poss!
We are 2 ad 3 children and the prices are scary. Is it possible to get under £5k for July / august? DH wants direct so will have to do a lot of saving up! Thinking 2020 for us but just having a look for next year to get a guide
Nellie75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
VA flights have just come out today for our dates and they are outrageous.

£1315.68 return per person.

I think I'll wait
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Struthy04
New Poster (2)

I’m looking now for July 8-22 2019 from Belfast / Dublin but have no idea what’s a good price for 2 adults and 2 kids and car hire . I’m new to this!

Edited at 02:40 PM.
Struthy04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nellie75 View Post
We are 2 ad 3 children and the prices are scary. Is it possible to get under £5k for July / august? DH wants direct so will have to do a lot of saving up! Thinking 2020 for us but just having a look for next year to get a guide
Direct makes a huge difference I was looking in skyscanner today to go at the end of August this year direct out indirect back to Miami was £321 nit a great flight back as 22 hour stopover in Houston but if we were to go we would be happy with that. We don’t mind indirect as long as under 5 hours or over 12 if it’s under we get a meal if it’s over we get a hotel room and either sightsee or just use the pool and things.

Using next year’s pricing as a guideline is hard if I were going next year I would not book before Xmas there are many people who book so far in advance that they don’t get the best pricing. In addition to that who knows what will happen to currency, fuel, Brexit, Corbyn, trump, terrorism etc in the next two years ?

Indirect us much cheaper and I prefer to clear immigration before I get to my final destination as waiting in line when I know I am getting on another plane is one thing, when I know my car is half a mile away and as soon as I am out of the airport te fun begins is another.

I hasten to add my target price indirect fr school holidays this year was £1000 for 2A and 1C we are completely flexible on dates over the summer school holidays and the airport I didn’t get it this year so we are not going simple. Last year we paid £1275 for three weeks with car direct. If i don’t get the price we want we don’t go.

Edited at 03:12 PM.
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

I have Virgin flights from Manchester direct booked through Charter Travel. 2 weeks from 25th August 2019. 2 adults and a 17 year old plus intermediate suv with full insurance for £2195.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List