Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Having to change our holiday dates AGAIN! Help me choose April/May or September/October 2019

Some of you may have followed my last post about DH getting a new job which meant that we had to cancel our September/October 2018 holiday due to training so I managed to get a fab deal with Virgin for November/December 2018.

Annoyingly, his training dates have been moved by 2 weeks so now we are having to looking at changing dates again as neither of us will be able to take annual leave over Christmas as we both work for the NHS

Virgin allow 1 date change and I am so torn between going 24th April - 12th May (18 nights) or 27th September - 11th October (14 nights).

There are so many pros and cons to both, my head is swimming with it all!

Please help me decide!

TIA x
Old 18 Aug 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

We are an April/May type family - ordinarily last week April, first week May.
Weather is usually spot on - around 28-31degrees, mostly dry, not overly humid.
Crowd levels are reasonable.
Can’t comment on September - October, (have been late October early November before.)
Obviously you would have MNSSHP and HHN if that sort of thing interests you.
September/October is in hurricane season so you do leave yourself at the mercy of the weather gods on that one. Generally September/October are much wetter than April/May, probably slightly hotter and more humid also.
From what I read crowd levels for Sept/Oct have increased quite a lot over recent years, but can’t give you any first hand experience for that.
Just realised this post isn’t very helpful - sorry!
Hope you manage to come to a decision! X
As you can see from the countdown, we will be going again on the 27th April, and went 21st April this year.

Edited at 05:18 PM.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Go for April, you've waited long enough!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Go for April, you've waited long enough!
Exactly what I was going to write ... plus it's a longer trip 18 days v 14, no brainer!
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Exactly what I was going to write ... plus it's a longer trip 18 days v 14, no brainer!
All of this!

xx

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017
First time on-site CSR March 2025
Toria_dee is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

I have had the same dilemma, We usually go end of Apr/May this year we went from 21st April. I love this time of year the weather is fab and the parks are busy not not awful busy.
I was gutted as we had a commitment next year for that time of year so I booked for Sept but when asked what Sept was like I did get a lot of good feedback for that time of year.
But now our commitments have changed and I go now travel end of Apr/May.
So I have been in a dilemma do I go with what I no and love Apr/May or do I try Sept.

If I was you I would go for Apr/May as it gives you a longer holiday and less time to wait and it really is a great time to go the weather is usually amazing and crowd levels doable.
I hope I have helped a little lol. When I cant even make my own mind up
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Agree with the others April/May but then that is my favourite time to go! Plus longer holiday and less time to wait would be the winner for me.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would say April/May too. You get the flower and garden festival, which is gorgeous. Like others have said, it’s sooner plus I belive it’s a fairly quiet time of year. Oh, and it’s longer!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
fatboytez
Very Serious Dibber

We would say October has we have been 6 times out of 7 we did go in may once but was far to hot for us around mid 90s to over 100 so tried oct and never looked back weather has always been good and parks ok to get around.
fatboytez is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
18 v 14 nights mmmmmmm let me think
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List