Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Aug 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
thewoolies
New Poster (3)

Here now missing suitcases day 6

So BA forgot to put two of our suitcases on our flight on Monday. They then said they would put them on next available flight which was Thursday. It’s now Saturday and one person says they or one of them may be in Gatwick or Fort Lauderdale! Each person says something different. I’ve even tweeted and not sure if I’ve done it right but no response. It’s really starting to stress me out. Can anyone help me get hold of someone who can get our suitcases to us? We are in Orlando.
Old 18 Aug 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Have you got a tracking number getbon there face book page did you get the emergency Credit card from them you should now be entitled to another one after 48 hours immafraid it's name and shame time and inform your insurance too they may now give an emergency payment keep a record of every email conversation who you spoke too when and for how long mine turned up at the villa 6 days later in the middle of the night poor guy delivering it was met at the door withnDHs 5iron in my hand and I'd contacted the sheriff when he'd banged at the door their response was. Very quick
It's a oflipping pain and mine had no clothes just stuff for expat friends
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh no, what a nightmare for you. Have you been given a 10 digit ref number? There is a section on the BA site where you can track what’s happening. I have found them to be pretty quick on Twitter but you can also send a private message through twitter too. Keep all bases covered!
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
thewoolies
New Poster (3)

How do I get an emergency credit card?
Old 18 Aug 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You should have got it atbthe airport when you reported the bags wereca no show it's $50 per person you really need to name and shame them now via face book and twitter
I've never not had the CC given when we've not had bags stroller golf clubs turn up when I got the claim number but I'm right bolshy if I think they think I don't know what I'm entileted too
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
thewoolies
New Poster (3)

Typical they didn’t mention it 🙄
Old 19 Aug 18, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Go on their Facebook page and just comment on their latest post saying very unhappy and detail how long without cases no credit card etc and you should get a pretty quick reply.

I had an issue on my last holiday. I spent 24hours trying to ring customer care noone would help me, but got a message within minutes when I posted on. Facebook

Good luck x

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Next avail flight of Thursday tells you all you need to know about BA. They really just dont care about passengers any more. Like cancelling flights from LHR to MAN and next flight 72 hrs away.

OP contact your Insurers, you should be entitled to money to buy clothes. Good luck with BA hope your case shows up. As others have mentioned, bombard their Social Media pages, email the Daily Mail and keep on top of them.
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:11 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

What a nightmare I’m so sorry! I’d definitely contact your insurers and see if they can cover the costs of new clothes.
I also agree with going on social media. I’ve just had a look on social it looks like they have a 24/7 community team covering it and you should get a quick response, particularly on Twitter.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List