Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Aug 18, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Sorry OP that you had a bad experience with this route. We'll be doing this route next week so it's really helpful to hear how people have gone on.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

We do this route in the 10th. Out with AA return with BA. Thanks for posting.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
skinetty
Very Serious Dibber

skinetty's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for posting your experience, were flying this route all BA in 2 weeks, I’m thinking if I expect the worst anything good will be a bonus huh 😋
Old 4 Aug 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We flew this route on the 29th July.

MAN LHR landed 20 mins early. LHR seemed really quiet, through security really quickly.

The MIA flight took off 45 mins late due to the inbound flight being delayed. Caught a bit of the time up and landed 30 mins late.

Very good flight, food ok, plenty of drinks available.

We've flown AA quiet a few times now usually MAN PHL MCO but wouldn't hesitate to do this route again.
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerdigger
Very Serious Dibber

We are flying similar route from GLA-LHR-MIA in October all with BA.

Good to see all the points on this post.
Old 4 Aug 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We've flown LHR-MIA twice now on BA although the last was a few years ago.

Our first journey back, we also thought the food offerings were appalling airside in our terminal at MIA; a Pizza Hut & a Burger King?

However, on our second journey back from MIA, we'd worked out that our airside terminal was connected to an adjoining airside terminal & you can walk & travel between them with no restrictions; yes around 10 minutes walk but tons of restaurant choices there!
It may still be the same?

Edited at 09:21 PM.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I don’t like BA I will avoid if I can though we flew to Italy a few weeks ago and they were great just less space in Club Europe seats than easyJet !

I do however think that there were a couple of things that were not the airlines fault;

I am sure that the “schussing” only happened because you were trying to talk to the checkin clerk when they were concerntrating and trying to do something for you that meant you luggage went in the right plane and you got what you had booked. I don’t know as I was not there I also have no idea how hard it is to do their job and have people talking to to you and butting in but I know how cross I would be if it later turned out that they had made a mistake we got split up in the plane or or luggage went to the wrong destination.

You did not want to take you large cabin bags in the cabin the check in staff followed the rules and said no you need to take it and you did not just take their decision, when they said no and followed the rules you said that you had done it in the way out ( which is irrelevant) and chose not to pay the advertised fee to put it in the hold.

At LHR you were told that you large cabin bags would need to go in the hold and again you did not just agree with the member of staff you started to argue because you didn’t like the response.

People in standard economy who take large cabin luggage because they don’t want to pay for additional hold luggage is a real annoyance of mine. It is a pain when you keep getting knocked and there is not enough locker space for everyone to do this and on several occasions I have found the locker above my seat already full meaning it is expected for me to put my small bag under the seat, this doesn’t happen, I remove the case. It also lengthens the boarding and unboarding process BA don’t help matters allowing 2 x 23kg in hand luggage. We have travelled hand luggage only to the states but never in economy.

I wish people would only take onboard what they need to have with them if this had been the case for you at least some of you annoyance would have been removed.

Edited at 07:30 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This is really interesting. I would only fly this route if it was cheap and it sounds like it’s cheap enough to be worth the hassle! Rudeness is never nice though!
@Sew109 I always take a bag with a change of clothing for everyone in it. I’ve had several bags not make it over the years when travelling and having enough to see you through any emergencies (my eldest has always been a terrible traveller and is not good at aiming!). Not sure how you know what people need or don’t?
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
This is really interesting. I would only fly this route if it was cheap and it sounds like it’s cheap enough to be worth the hassle! Rudeness is never nice though!
@Sew109 I always take a bag with a change of clothing for everyone in it. I’ve had several bags not make it over the years when travelling and having enough to see you through any emergencies (my eldest has always been a terrible traveller and is not good at aiming!). Not sure how you know what people need or don’t?
If there is a group of people and you all have sensible hand luggage and one person had a big bag I have no problem, what peeves me is when every member of the party has a massive bag and is bringing it on because they don’t want to pay for excess luggage.

I am generally a really laid back guy ( though I can see how that does not come accross on this site ) but selfishness trait which some people seem to carry as a badge on a plane amazes me.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Molliejollie
Earning More Ears

We did this route in 2016 and found it great, we were on AA LHR to MIA and they informed us before we had boarded that our 2 year old sons pram had been left at the terminal in LHR and not put onto our connecting flight !
The man who dealt with us at AA was amazing and assured us that our pram would be with us at our villa, it arrived the second night at 1 am by courier, it had been flown by AA from Heathrow to Chicago to Miami then couriered to Orlando for us, We got reimbursed for stroller rental aswell.
I thought the flight from Man to LHR was good, a small plane only flying for 32 mins in which time we were served free hot drinks and breakfast roll.
It was AA from LHR to MIA which was the best flight we had been on, amazing selection of inflight entertainment, had usb charging on the seats food was good and staff were super attentive.
It is a bit of a long winded way of getting there but we are a family of 6 so super savings to be had !

We are awaiting release of september 2019 now to do it all again
Molliejollie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List