Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 18, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
GEMTREACLE
Earning My Ears

need help ...feb or may?

hi. im really struggling when to pick. We usually go october time but we cant this time so which is better...

february half term and the week before
or
whitsun week and the week after?

which is better for crowds?

I know the weather is changeable in Feb but read it very busy in June. and that june can be wet.

help!

Edited at 04:30 PM.
GEMTREACLE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by GEMTREACLE View Post
hi. im really struggling when to pick. We usually go october time but we cant this time so which is better...

february half term and the week before
or
whitsun week and the week after?

which is better for crowds?

I know the weather is changeable in Feb but read it very busy in June. and that june can be wet.

help!
Complete personal preference but prefer earlier in the year. June can be very busy with south American tourists. Unfortunately with the way schools are in kind of stuck going in June/July. Roll on my little anchors growing up and I can go at the cheaper/better times of the year😋

Been in June a couple of times and yes it seems to rain more but we are talking showers not full rain days.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireVC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We went one year in Feb, it was freezing, we even had snow! Think it was their worst winter for years, I had to buy a puffa coat. It was also packed because of Mardi Gras, we couldn’t believe it! Not sure about June though, I know it can be busy but I think I’d risk busy than risk terrible weather.
Old 10 Aug 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We LOVED it in Feb. Depends when Presidents Day is though- it picks up a little crowd wise then- otherwise the parks were soooo quiet. It was EASY to do whole days in 'normal' heat instead of playing air con hop in and out of shops as we have to do now in July/Aug.

There maybe one or two rides down for annual checks etc but it was probably our most successful visit- we got so much done- plus the pools were warm too so we had no worry there (stayed at AKL that year) . Given choice of any months we've visited, I would happily pick Feb again out of the Feb/April/Aug and October holidays we've experienced.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

We enjoyed our trips in February as it was an escape from our awful weather.
Daytime temperature was pleasant and comfortable around high 70s to low 80s most days.
The temperature at night was cooler and we were unable to sit out by the pool.
We also woke up to frost a couple of mornings although this quickly disappeared.
We've had 3 holidays in February and not had a drop of rain.

In May temperatures were much warmer and we were able to sit by the pool at night which is a big part of our holiday.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

May would be my choice, you take chance in feb of it being lot colder and days not so long
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Why not Whitsun and the week before? May is great month 👍
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
magic moments
Apprentice Imagineer

We very lucky and had lovely weather during our February visit. Depending on when your half term falls I would look to try and avoid staying during Presidents day week as that can get very busy. The week after half term may be better if possible, leaving just before the Spring break starts. May is also a lovely time to go.

Edited at 08:07 PM.
magic moments is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Weather or crowds

I think it depends which is more important - quieter or warm/hot weather.

End of May is also a holiday in the USA, as well as here, it's Memorial day the last Monday in May and I think the whole week can be very busy (A bit like our whitsun) - almost on par with July. It will certainly be busier than October. End of May will be getting hot and humid with the daily rains starting (though usually only heavy shower for an hour or so late afternoon, there will still be plenty of sun) - probably similar to early October.

February will be overall much quieter, that said presidents day which is Mon 18th in 2019, will be very busy around that weekend, into the week. Feb Statistically averages around 22c, it can turn much colder though usually only for a day or two, but it can also be well into in the mid 20s too. Also bear in mind, though it will most likely be warm during the day, it will be chilly at night - especially early Feb. The weather does start to warm up considerably once you get towards the end of Feb into March. In Feb there is a risk of more things being closed for refurbishment.

Given the choice, I'd choose Feb

Edited at 09:03 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

We went in February last year. It was great. And the bonus is that Mardi Gras is on at Universal