Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
warpig
Apprentice Imagineer

Yet another holiday screw up...

So I’ve booked a couple of weeks at the Swan & Dolphin for September 2019 with Tui, anyway I thought I’d check on My Disney Experience this morning to see if anything’s linked up and hurrah! there it is “Looking forward to seeing you...only 24 days to go!”, wait what? Yes, according to Disney I’m arriving next month not next year. So I call Tui and get through to Mumbai and the chap says he’s sorted it out and he’s sending me a confirmation email which he duly does, however, it’s just a copy of the booking confirmation that I already have. Meanwhile back at Disney HQ there still expecting me to turn up in 24 days so I ring Tui back and get through to Mumbai again and explain the situation to a different expert who’s reply was “Don’t be worrying Mr Brian, you are definitely going next year”, I said I know I’m going next year but will there be a hotel for me because they’re expecting me this year, to which he replied “Don’t be worrying Mr Brian, Tui are an excellent company and you will be enjoying your holiday next year”. So I gave up at that point and decided to leave it till another day, I suspect this may go on and on for some time...
2000 All Star Sports, 2002 All Star Sports, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Port Orleans Riverside, 2006 Port Orleans Riverside, 2007 Port Orleans Riverside, 2008 Port Orleans Riverside, 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Saratoga Springs, 2011 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Wilderness Lodge, 2013 Wilderness Lodge, 2014 Saratoga Springs, 2015 Swan & Dolphin, 2016 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2019 Swan & Dolphin, 2023 Beach Club
warpig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Bads
Trying for More Ears

The joys of Indian call centres
Bads is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Is it worth going into a TUI branch & talking to someone there?

Without sounding disrespectful but having these call centres in places like Mumbai are not good enough when it comes to explaining 'our problems

After what I've been through myself I can totally sympathize with what you are going through!
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

If I have no luck through the ‘normal route’, I usually email the CEO of the company. For TUI it’s friedrich.joussen@tui.com.

I usually find if you politely highlight the problem and your concerns (rather than a rant) you get a quick response and resolution. Worth a try anyway!
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

If your paperwork says 2019 I would not worry, it’s their problem to fix not yours.

If your paperwork does not say 2019 then keep at it.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
RT's
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I'd probably try calling Disney just to check it's not their error in how they have entered the booking
DLP- Hotel Cheyenne - June 2011 : FL- Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - April 2013 : FL- Disney's Caribbean Beach & Hard Rock Hotel - April 2016 : FL- WDW Yacht Club & Loews Royal Pacific - October 2017 : DLP- Santa Fe - February 2018 : WDW - Yacht Club - October 2019 : FL- Lowes Portofino Bay & WDW Dolphin- August 2022
RT's is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
warpig
Apprentice Imagineer

All the paperwork says 2019 so I’m guessing the screw up is with Disney but I know from past experience they’ll direct me back to Tui as I have no contract with Disney.
2000 All Star Sports, 2002 All Star Sports, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Port Orleans Riverside, 2006 Port Orleans Riverside, 2007 Port Orleans Riverside, 2008 Port Orleans Riverside, 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Saratoga Springs, 2011 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Wilderness Lodge, 2013 Wilderness Lodge, 2014 Saratoga Springs, 2015 Swan & Dolphin, 2016 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2019 Swan & Dolphin, 2023 Beach Club
warpig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
My advice - don't assume anything and get them (TUI) to confirm.

We arrived in Fort Lauderdale July 23rd to be told we were expected August 23rd.

Paperwork said July but there was an error made by Marriott when they received the request from Thomas Cook Signature.

Managed to sort it, but then double checked the Disney part of our trip.

Edited at 12:21 PM.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I'm different to most. I would send Tui one E Mail then do nothing.

If the booking for the Swolphin is wrong and they end up paying them for a no show this Sept then that's their issue.

But come October I would then chase Tui.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Not sure if all companies are the same, I had a problem with BA, phoning I kept getting a call centre- which without sounding racist wasn't from around here & always have difficulties with the Scottish accent. So having banged my head against the wall repeatedly, I tried Twitter- I'm guessing Social Media is "in-house" because they were a lot more helpful.
It's ok to assume that because your paperwork is OK, that everything will be ok next year, recent poster has just found out that their TA (wouldn't name them) has failed to book their Hotel & it is no longer available but it's ok because they have paid in full & have paperwork - Not..Likewise the recent poster that thought they had Free Dining only to arrive & find out that wasn't the case.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List