Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 18, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
gmul
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Nowt available for Nov to May, tried various options, all high £2k's to £3k's, I can only guess that it maybe due to flying in Nov. This sale may then lead onto a general VA sale, be canny to grab VA PE, Man to RSW, as we did last year for £687.

If anybody see's owt in UC going out circa 19th Nov, returning circa 16 May 2018 gizza shout please - thank you.
Is DUB-LGW-MCO an option ?
Can see 19th Nov-13th May for £1399 for VA UC.

Or direct £1466 for EI biz (which is a much better service in my opinion).

Economy is £310 with VA/ £396 with EI.
gmul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gmul View Post
Is DUB-LGW-MCO an option ?
Can see 19th Nov-13th May for £1399 for VA UC.

Or direct £1466 for EI biz (which is a much better service in my opinion).

Economy is £310 with VA/ £396 with EI.
Hi gmul - yeap, watching that one too. Flew Dub-Man-MCO return in 2015/2016 (dumped last leg), due to €1.45 FX we paid a tasty £850 for UC - doubt we'll see that again! Don't mind Dublin, it's 6 and two 3's flying Ncl to Dub or Durham to Man on the train. Aer Lingus are good, throwing around MCO vs RSW (no drive down), usually drive down but after last Nov into RSW, we wouldn't mind that again, but the difference in price makes it cheaper to hire a motor for a day and drive. Thanks again gmul.

Decisions, decisions...
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
That’s not necessarily correct, I was looking for June 2019 and there was a definite saving in UC only for travel on a Tuesday in June 2019, the prices were much higher on any other day in the same week
Hi Sue - my previous post with regard to dates was in relation to this on Head For Points

headforpoints/2018/0...a-valid-march/

great if Dibbers can get other dates.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Hi Sue - my previous post with regard to dates was in relation to this on Head For Points

headforpoints/2018/0...a-valid-march/

great if Dibbers can get other dates.
Thanks DC - read HeadforPoints, tried various airports for Tues 20th Nov, 14th May return, no UC reduction, as there's mention of travel afore 29th March 2019 that may explain, if outward is within sale parameters VA oft extend sale date on the return, as I found out last Aug.

Thanks go to Steve and others for their input, I'm obliged I'll hold out for a VA PE sale or poss fly Aer Lingus business into MCO.
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lufcgirl
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
Just a heads up that VS currently have an UC sale that they are not advertising. Sadly MCO is not included by I have just booked LHR-MIA next February for £1335.

Dates are very limited (mainly Tue & Wed) and have to be booked by 5th September.

Other Destinations such as NY, BOS, LAX and IAD are also available.

-Steve
hi Steve saw this through sky scanner,only gives option to book through go to gate ,have you ever booked through them.not seeing very positive reviews. any advice would be great thans
lufcgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytime
Proud to wear my Ears

We booked a few days ago at £1200pp which appears to have been a good deal.

Manchester >> Orlando

January 2019

Latest prices are closer to £4000pp. It didn’t feel like a bargain at the time but it does now.

Edited at 11:27 PM.
disneytime is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
aly
Excited about Disney

Sorry guys mine wasn't UC, didn't realise thats what you meant! But still a great price for two to Atlanta in May
aly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
gmul
Helping Minnie

Just checked the fare rules on our tickets :

FROM/TO IRELAND RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE ON/BEFORE 30SEP 18.

FROM IRELAND - PERMITTED 01NOV THROUGH 17DEC OR 25DEC THROUGH 22MAR FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

TO IRELAND - PERMITTED 15NOV THROUGH 31DEC OR 08JAN THROUGH 30MAR FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

I booked via ebookers.com as GotoGate prices were never actually available. Choose ebookers as they had a higher Quidco cashback than Opodo. Booking confirmation and e-tickets were received within 5 mins. Overall very happy with £1165 DUB-MCO.
gmul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List