Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 3 Dec 14, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Another fabulous day ... One of our highlights was an hour spent on our own on the roof terrace of an Irish bar with a couple of pints of Brooklyn Ale ... Sometimes the moments you pause for breath are often the most memorable (like your time at Grand Central)

Sharon

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 14, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Another fabulous day ... One of our highlights was an hour spent on our own on the roof terrace of an Irish bar with a couple of pints of Brooklyn Ale ... Sometimes the moments you pause for breath are often the most memorable (like your time at Grand Central)

Sharon
Thanks Sharon. That roof terrace sounds great.

I completely agree with you. We really enjoyed the downtime we incorporated on this trip, as we hadn't done any of that on previous visits. It felt like we were taking the time to enjoy all that the city had to offer, rather than rushing from one attraction to another.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 15, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I love your bangle, being similarly 'blessed' with man hands! But what is the deal with the '3rd floor' of Tiffanys? I obviously have a lot to learn ahead of a trip in August 😳
Old 3 Jan 15, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by OllieT View Post
I love your bangle, being similarly 'blessed' with man hands! But what is the deal with the '3rd floor' of Tiffanys? I obviously have a lot to learn ahead of a trip in August 😳
Hi Olivia. There's plenty of time to pick up lots of info in the next few months.

The 3rd floor is the silver floor, so probably the only floor we could afford to buy anything from! I'm not sure whether the other floors have prices displayed, but after a visit to Tiffany's in London a couple of years ago where they didn't display prices, I thought that if I have to ask the price of an item then I probably can't afford it.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 15, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
A belated Happy Anniversary What a fabulous way to spend the day.

I have noted the Library tour, honestly, I tend to plan my whole trips after reading other peoples trippies, its so good to read about things you probably wouldn't have found otherwise.

Dinner looks yum, was it quite pricey or reasonable?

Ive also taken down Mikes tip for the Grand Central Bar, it seems the perfect place to people watch with a large glass of vino!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 15, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
A belated Happy Anniversary What a fabulous way to spend the day.

I have noted the Library tour, honestly, I tend to plan my whole trips after reading other peoples trippies, its so good to read about things you probably wouldn't have found otherwise.

Dinner looks yum, was it quite pricey or reasonable?

Ive also taken down Mikes tip for the Grand Central Bar, it seems the perfect place to people watch with a large glass of vino!
Thank you.

Other people's trippies are just so good. I've got different ideas from them for each NYC break we've been on. I'm forever adding things on to my list for 'next time'.

Keen's was fabulous. I think we paid about $180 with the tip (including my champagne cocktails! ) I wouldn't hesitate to pay it again though. The steaks were obviously expensive, as we both chose filet mignon - it was about $40 for mine and about $50 for Martin's larger one. The sides were then about $10 each and two between us was definitely plenty.

Mike's tip for Cipriani's at Grand Central was just genius. Another place I'd return to.
Old 14 Aug 15, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Love your wedding photo card. Perfect anniversary celebrations; steak, champagne & some Silver from Tiffanys...what more could a girl want!
I've added Mike's tip for drinks as we are staying at the Westin at Grand Central so perhaps it can be 'our local' while we are there 😀.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Happy belated anniversary! What a fantastic day!

Loving all the champagne cocktails, how fab!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Love your wedding photo card. Perfect anniversary celebrations; steak, champagne & some Silver from Tiffanys...what more could a girl want!
I've added Mike's tip for drinks as we are staying at the Westin at Grand Central so perhaps it can be 'our local' while we are there 😀.
Thank you. It was a perfect day and I loved Ciprianis. Hope you got there.

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Happy belated anniversary! What a fantastic day!

Loving all the champagne cocktails, how fab!
Thanks, it was great. As was all the champagne!