Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 30 Aug 16, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Narbonne plage, August 2016. Day 3, Market and seafront

Thursday 18th August
Woke up usual time of half 8 and went downstairs. Linda and Russell always have a few cups of tea, Matt and I don't drink it so we just have lemonade. No wine and syrup added until lunchtime.
Thursday is a market day, so we got ready and walked to the seafront to have a look. The stalls run along the front and sell clothes, food and alot of tat. It was busy, but nice to wander and look at all the food for sale.

They cook potatoes underneath with all the chicken fat dripping onto them, we didn't have any but they looked good.

We went back to the house, where Matt made us Roquefort omelettes. I was his commis chef, breaking the eggs and taking the meals out when they were ready and it was also wine time.
In the afternoon, Matt and I took a walk to the seafront. The market had packed up, it was still fairly busy on the beach but I never saw it packed.
The seafront goes on for miles, you can hire bikes nearby, and all the paths have cycle lanes.

Quick selfie

The beach is gorgeous, with loads of stuff to do for kids.

The stage in the day time

Most of the time there is a strong breeze, prefect when it gets too hot.

We made our way back to the house, for some more chatting and sunbathing.
There wasn't entertainment tonight, so we decided to have a meal out about 7.30 and come back and play a game.
There is a restaurant called the oasis, we had two lovely meals there last year so that's where we headed.
You can order off the menu, or have a 3 course set meal for €14 or €17.
I had the fish soup, stuffed chicken with ratatouille and homemade cake.
I only remembered to get a photo of the soup and cake, but it was all lovely.

The men had baked mussels to start, they looked good, I did try one and they were delicious, lots of cheese sauce, steak and creme brûlée, and they both enjoyed it.
We also had beers and sangria, the bill came to €100, pretty good value for what we had.
On the way back, we saw a family singing on the corner, Linda had seen them before and said about them so we got a drink from the fast food place nearby and watched them for a bit.
There was a young boy singing with them, he was so sweet and they knew plenty of English songs.
Back at the house Russell got a quiz book out, and we played individually. Matt is a sore loser, so I warned him not to moan if he lost.
We picked our categories, me food and drink, Matt sporting games, Linda, Hitchcock movies and Russell general knowledge.
I don't know where they got this book, but all the questions were so hard, no one had high scores. In the end Linda won by 2 points, and the rest of us tied for second. It was a laugh trying to answer the questions and sitting outside in the warm drinking.

Edited at 05:48 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Another lovely day! The fish soup looks delicious!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Another lovely day! The fish soup looks delicious!
Thank you.
The soup was lovely, it came with French bread and grated cheese on the side as well.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The market looks nice, especially the food! Another great day..

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
The market looks nice, especially the food! Another great day..
They had all sorts of food, looked good, but don't know if I would fancy eating it after a few hours out in the sun.