Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Tickets
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 6 Sep 18, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
#1
Emm
New Poster (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 18
Mobile Orlando VIP Shop & Dine 4 Less Card GOLD

I got the Orlando VIP Shop & Dine 4 Less Card GOLD from attraction tickets-its a sim card with data has anyone used?
Emm is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
djblamire
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 04

djblamire's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Emm View Post
I got the Orlando VIP Shop & Dine 4 Less Card GOLD from attraction tickets-its a sim card with data has anyone used?
Haven't used them myself, but they look interesting. I'm not sure if they are any better than the coupon deals you can get elsewhere though.
djblamire is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Raggyavn
Serious Dibber
 
Raggyavn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 09
Originally Posted by Emm View Post
I got the Orlando VIP Shop & Dine 4 Less Card GOLD from attraction tickets-its a sim card with data has anyone used?
If you mean the phone sim card, yes I have.

Its an odd set up in that you pay for what you want, get a payment conformation and are told that your sim card will become active on the day that you have stipulated you want your contract to start, which by default means you cant check it until you land in the US.

On the day your contract starts, you get an email stating your US phone number for the duration of the contract. However my sim was faulty and because i wasn't in Orlando they couldn't get me a replacement sim until I arrived in Orlando itself (5 days hence), although if I had been in Orlando they would have dropped it off at the hotel or villa for me.

They automatically cancelled the contract (and refunded) on the faulty sim and when I got the new one I had to apply for a new contract (which was actioned immediately).

Pro's
True 4G
Cheaper than Vodafone (who I'm locked into because I benefit from a generous corporate discount).
Customer Service was good (initially via email, then they called my UK number)
You can ring US numbers.
Con's
You cant ring UK numbers (even if they are in the US).
Your number has been used before by someone else before, which means;
You get odd phone calls sometimes (Dominos rang me about
"my" pizza)
Your number is on cold calling lists - No problem for me
because I knew that I hadn't given the number to anyone else
in the US so the call wasn't for me. If I had given the number
to hotels etc. as my contact details it would have been more
problematic.
Would I use them again? YES, as long as I had another means of been contacted from the UK (Wife's phone etc.).

The 4G was faster than the wife's 3G on the Three network, however could I have got by with 3G? - yes probably.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando... here we come
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 18, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
pammiep
slightly serious Dibber
 
pammiep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 08

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Originally Posted by Raggyavn View Post
If you mean the phone sim card, yes I have.

Its an odd set up in that you pay for what you want, get a payment conformation and are told that your sim card will become active on the day that you have stipulated you want your contract to start, which by default means you cant check it until you land in the US.

On the day your contract starts, you get an email stating your US phone number for the duration of the contract. However my sim was faulty and because i wasn't in Orlando they couldn't get me a replacement sim until I arrived in Orlando itself (5 days hence), although if I had been in Orlando they would have dropped it off at the hotel or villa for me.

They automatically cancelled the contract (and refunded) on the faulty sim and when I got the new one I had to apply for a new contract (which was actioned immediately).

Pro's
True 4G
Cheaper than Vodafone (who I'm locked into because I benefit from a generous corporate discount).
Customer Service was good (initially via email, then they called my UK number)
You can ring US numbers.
Con's
You cant ring UK numbers (even if they are in the US).
Your number has been used before by someone else before, which means;
You get odd phone calls sometimes (Dominos rang me about
"my" pizza)
Your number is on cold calling lists - No problem for me
because I knew that I hadn't given the number to anyone else
in the US so the call wasn't for me. If I had given the number
to hotels etc. as my contact details it would have been more
problematic.
Would I use them again? YES, as long as I had another means of been contacted from the UK (Wife's phone etc.).

The 4G was faster than the wife's 3G on the Three network, however could I have got by with 3G? - yes probably.
I'm looking at registering my card just now and was wondering about the extra days we'll be there. When I register do I take the 10 day plan with having the 5 days free already or do I need to do the 15 day plan. My head is telling me it's the 10 day plan but wanted to be sure before I sign up.
pammiep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida again for the last time
Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
djblamire
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 04

djblamire's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Really want to get one of these. Where is the cheapest place to purchase the sim card ?
djblamire is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
antheve
Proud to wear my Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 17
Mobile

Originally Posted by Emm View Post
I got the Orlando VIP Shop & Dine 4 Less Card GOLD from attraction tickets-its a sim card with data has anyone used?
I had one of these sims. Thought Id never use it but it was an absolute god send in Disney parks as the WiFi was terrible. Unlimited 4g usage. So I was able to book further fast passes on the app which would not load on WiFi.
antheve is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Here we come
Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
Raggyavn
Serious Dibber
 
Raggyavn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 09
Originally Posted by pammiep View Post
I'm looking at registering my card just now and was wondering about the extra days we'll be there. When I register do I take the 10 day plan with having the 5 days free already or do I need to do the 15 day plan. My head is telling me it's the 10 day plan but wanted to be sure before I sign up.
I believe you would need to 15 day plan. The site gives you the option to buy upfront or buy an add on later. The 15 Days upfront is roughly the same price as the 10 days later, so I assume the free 5 days is included in the upfront package and not in the buy time later package. Which would make sense as those who would use the add time later would have already benefited from the free 5 days which are included.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando... here we come
Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
dynomikered
Excited about Disney
 
dynomikered's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 11
Mobile

Hi
Old thread I know, but I have just received one of these sims in the dine4less card but cant seem to find where to register it, I have followed the instructions on the back of the card but it just takes me to the dine4less home page
Any help would be great
Thanks
Mike
dynomikered is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida with a +1
Reply With Quote
Reply
Discount Florida Car Hire

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

My Magic Holiday

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
American Attractions

theDIBB Menu

Attraction Tickets Direct

US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2360
CaxtonFX  $1.2230
Covent Garden FX  $1.2391
FAIRFX  $1.2400
John Lewis  $1.2476
M&S  $1.2089
Post Office  $1.2285
Sainsburys  $1.2324
TESCO  $1.2346
Travelex  $1.2221
Updated: 03:30 16/07/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0960
CaxtonFX  €1.0862
Covent Garden FX  €1.0965
FAIRFX  €1.1000
John Lewis  €1.1065
M&S  €1.0704
Post Office  €1.0915
Sainsburys  €1.0934
TESCO  €1.0952
Travelex  €1.0852
Updated: 03:30 16/07/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Mon 15th Jul 11:03pm
Now: 26C/79F
Clear Sky
Clear Sky
Cloud Cover: 1%
Wind: 5mph - ESE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1020mb
Humidity: 94%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 03:00 16/07/2019