Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 26 Jun 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nippydan
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile July 2020, recommendations anyone?

Hi all, sorry, first time to Florida with kids who will be 11 and 9. 10 days at Disney carribean resort with dining plan.

Any thoughts on how best to do it?

Was thinking of alternating between parks and water parks and a couple of days universal mingles in.

Or should we try get round the parks for a few days before hitting the water?

So many options!

Thanks for any help!
Nippydan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Unless you have some particular Harry Potter fans in the group, I’d be tempted to skip Universal on a ten day trip. You will spend a fortune on tickets and barely get value from them, you could struggle without express passes in July too.

In ten days I personally would go to a water park twice (at most) and I would spread them out. Try to do them early in the week (Monday to Wednesday) if your ten days falls in such a way to allow this.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I agree 10 days is not a lot for universal and Disney.
As a general rule I think you need 2 days per theme park 1 per water park
We tend to book our days based on crowd calender's and EMH ( avoid if off site- use in on site)
I would try to avoid water parks the first few days so we don't burn while getting used to the sun.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nippydan
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Thanks both, we arrive on a Tuesday night so early in the week at the water parks might be an ask.

I was thinking of just paying on the door for a single universal trip, I am not sure we will be going again after this as I don't think we will be able to afford it.

Will have a look at crowd calender.

Thanks.
Old 3 Jul 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I agree with the others that 10days is a squeeze to fit in all those parks. I would leave off Universal as it's an expensive add on with tickets costing approx $180/280 for 1 day/2day 2 park tickets, each.
Also, as it's peak season, you would spend a long time q'ing without express passes.

The q's for tickets at the gates are always long and very slow moving, so look at buying before you leave from Undercover tourist instead.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nippydan View Post
Thanks both, we arrive on a Tuesday night so early in the week at the water parks might be an ask.

I was thinking of just paying on the door for a single universal trip, I am not sure we will be going again after this as I don't think we will be able to afford it.

Will have a look at crowd calender.

Thanks.
There will be crowds, it is peak season. If you are only doing one day at Universal, you are going to need an express pass which will be another $99 above the ticket prices mentioned by pp above.

Are there any huge HP fans in the group? If not, I don’t think it is worth it for one day in July. It is arguable if it would be worth it (c. £1k for one day for you all with express pass) even if there is a big fan.

Edited at 08:28 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Nippydan
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Thank you, I will have a rethink, both are into Harry Potter as 8 and 10 currently. Genuinely don't think we will go again given the cost so would like to try and fit everything in.
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Ignore the leave Universal part!

We did 10 days/ 11 nights in Feb and although it was quieter then July, we did have the bank holiday weekend to contend with. We did one day in each Disney park, one day at Busch, one day seaworld, one day at Aquatica and did 3 days at Universal and managed it with a 9 year old and a 5 year old. Out of all the parks Universal and Busch were the two we felt we needed an extra day at as both my lads preferred them to Disney. Our next vacation will have very little Disney in it apart from Epcot which myself and the wife love.

So if you willing to pay for it, get your express pass at Universal and enjoy both parks as its such a different vibe to the madhouse that is Disney!

Edited at 08:06 PM.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you, I will have a rethink, both are into Harry Potter as 8 and 10 currently. Genuinely don't think we will go again given the cost so would like to try and fit everything in.
If you have kids into HP then go fo it, particularly if it’s likely to be once in a lifetime. The parks will get busy but if you get there for opening you can fit a lot in before it gets busy. At that point have a more leisurely walk around. I think for 10 busy days you will fit it in. Have fun !

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

Hi all, sorry, first time to Florida with kids who will be 11 and 9. 10 days at Disney carribean resort with dining plan.

Any thoughts on how best to do it?

Was thinking of alternating between parks and water parks and a couple of days universal mingles in.

Or should we try get round the parks for a few days before hitting the water?

So many options!

Thanks for any help!
Planning a water park day in July may be a risk...we did that last year, planned to spend all day from 10-4 at Blizzard Beach before going back to the room, showering and having an evening at Disney Springs, however at about 11am it started raining and didn't stop closing all the slides. In a park it's not so bad as there are usually indoor rides/ shows you can go to, but at a water park you could be sitting around a lot - we have 2 youngsters and it wasn't much fun for them! I would definitely have a back up for bad weather on your planned water park days
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List