Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jun 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Payg three SIM card

I need a dummy’s guide so bear with me . My ds is off to Australia next week .
If my ds has an iPhone unlocked but with a Tesco pay monthly SIM card can he remove that SIM card and use a three payg sim in it without it locking to three ?
Also I take it if we pay £35 he can have unlimited data , texts etc for 30 days and all I need to do is pop into a three shop and get this ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

I have used Threes Sim-only deals for years, I usually review what offers they have on every 12/24 months to see if I can get something better for the same price or something cheaper more in-line with my usage.

If you're phone is unlocked, it can't re-lock it's self to whatever supplier SIM you put in, it doesn't work like that, once unlocked its always unlocked so you can put whatever SIM you want in.

Firstly, how long is he away for, is it for a holiday or a year out over in Aus, secondly I would check to see if your Plan term is up with Tesco, as that seems steep for a Sim-only deal?

Anyways I currently have a 24 month Advanced plan which is £10.00 P/month, 4GB Data | Unlimited Minutes | Unlimited texts to include Go Roam (Around The World).

If you're looking for Unlimited across the board, they also have a 24 month Advanced plan which has Unlimited Data | Unlimited Minutes | Unlimited Texts, also with Go Roam (Around The World) for £20.00 P/month.

To get these you can either buy them and sign-up online or pop into a local shop.

Edited at 09:09 AM.
Do5-BaG is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Do5-BaG View Post
I have used Threes Sim-only deals for years, I usually review what offers they have on every 12/24 months to see if I can get something better for the same price or something cheaper more in-line with my usage.

If you're phone is unlocked, it can't re-lock it's self to whatever supplier SIM you put in, it doesn't work like that, once unlocked its always unlocked so you can put whatever SIM you want in.

Firstly, how long is he away for, is it for a holiday or a year out over in Aus, secondly I would check to see if your Plan term is up with Tesco, as that seems steep for a Sim-only deal?

Anyways I currently have a 24 month Advanced plan which is £10.00 P/month, 4GB Data | Unlimited Minutes | Unlimited texts to include Go Roam (Around The World).

If you're looking for Unlimited across the board, they also have a 24 month Advanced plan which has Unlimited Data | Unlimited Minutes | Unlimited Texts, also with Go Roam (Around The World) for £20.00 P/month.

To get these you can either buy them and sign-up online or pop into a local shop.
Thank you , His sim deal isn’t up and he’s away It’s 19 nights holiday trying with my sister in Sydney . There are some cheaper sims but I thought the unlimited would mean we don’t have to worry about usage . He’s 18 and going with his girlfriend so just knowing he has a phone whilst out and about reassures us,
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

Personally then I'd say unlimited is overkill, he'd probably get by on 4gb for 19 nights, top tip as well is to Download Google Maps to use offline if he wants to use that for getting about / finding places, will save his data.
Old 10 Jun 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

For £35 go unlimited and take all the stress out of it for holiday for both you and him.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I need a dummy’s guide so bear with me . My ds is off to Australia next week .
If my ds has an iPhone unlocked but with a Tesco pay monthly SIM card can he remove that SIM card and use a three payg sim in it without it locking to three ?
Also I take it if we pay £35 he can have unlimited data , texts etc for 30 days and all I need to do is pop into a three shop and get this ?
This caught my eye so I looked it up, there is a little symbol next to the description and when you look down the bottom it says 'going on holiday with this sim you can use up to 12gB of data for up to 30 days in over 70 of our go roam destinations' and you have to check that the country you want is covered under the Go Roam so I read this as you only get unlimited in the UK or am I wrong.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

If its any help, just spoke with 3 on live chat online.
The unlimited is only for European Countres, elsewhere its 12GB data, 5000 texts and 3000 mins.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rincelex View Post
If its any help, just spoke with 3 on live chat online.
The unlimited is only for European Countres, elsewhere its 12GB data, 5000 texts and 3000 mins.
So if you buy the 12gb at £20 do you get the full 12gb outside Europe?
I went to the 3 shop tonight but ended up walking out as they didnt even acknowledge us or another couple stood waiting !
Ive ordered the sim online but no idea what to add to it now. It’s not very clear at all.
Sept 24 POFQ