Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 25 Jun 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
NatashaAudrey
Earning More Ears

my plan so far... hints and tips needed!

I have a plan for our trip in September (we are first timers) and we are staying on site at Coronado Springs on the Disney Dining Plan. Any hints of tips would be very much appreciated and any suggestions welcome! I haven't booked fast passes as our 60 days is 7th July. We also have 14 day flexi ticket for IOA/Universal/VB

THURSDAY 5TH SEPT
Travel day/check in to Coronado Springs
depending on arrival time maybe uber to Walmart or check out Disney Springs.

FRIDAY 6TH SEPT
BOG (9:05AM)
morning in MK
afternoon in HS (depending on how tired we are, and how busy it is as conscious of Galaxy's Edge.
(I have managed to bag a reservation at California Grill for 5pm on this day but unsure how realistic that is)

SATURDAY 7TH SEPT
Morning in AK
Lunch at Sanaa 1:25pm
Afternoon/Evening in Epcot

SUNDAY 8TH SEPT
Morning in BB
Afternoon/Evening in MK as we have tickets for MNSSHP
(No ADR booked)

MONDAY 9TH SEPT
Morning/Afternoon at TL
Evening at MK
ADR at BOG (dinner- 6:25pm)

TUESDAY 10TH SEPT
Universal studios/Islands of Adventure
Explore Citywalk
(No ADR booked)

WEDNESDAY 11TH SEPT
Morning in Epcot
Evening in HS
ADR at Sci Fi Dine in at 6:30pm

THURSDAY 12TH SEPT
Morning/Afternoon at Volcano Bay
Evening at HS as ADR at Mama Melrose (7:10pm)

FRIDAY 13TH SEPT
Morning at EPCOT
Lunch ADR at Le Cellier at 1pm
Afternoon/Evening at AK

SATURDAY 14TH SEPT
Coach trip to Kennedy Space Center
No ADR booked

SUNDAY 15TH SEPT
morning at HS
Evening at Epcot
ADR at Via Napoli at 6:25pm

MONDAY 16TH SEPT
Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
No ADR booked

TUESDAY 17TH SEPT
Morning at MK
Early dinner at Ohana (4:40pm - it's all i could get hold of)
Evening at Epcot (Extra Evening hours)

WEDNESDAY 18TH SEPT
No morning plans currently
Lunch at Yak + Yeti TS (2:30pm)
Evening at AK (I realised we had no other evening planned for AK)

THURSDAY 19TH SEPT
Morning in MK
FLY HOME

In some ways to me it seems like loads but in others I feel like i'm missing out on things. (disney springs, broadwalk, mini golf, disney character warehouse)

Thanks for any input!

Edited at 02:19 PM.
NatashaAudrey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DOFFSTER
Getting Excited

DOFFSTER's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
WHOA...Just before anything else - you are onsite - Fastpasses are 60days not 30!
Old 25 Jun 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
NatashaAudrey
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by DOFFSTER View Post
WHOA...Just before anything else - you are onsite - Fastpasses are 60days not 30!
That was just a typo I meant 60 days. My 60 day window is 7th July as we fly on the 5th Sept. Thanks though as that could have been a disaster!
Old 25 Jun 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

No rest days ? Just to chill...
Djcraigod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
NatashaAudrey
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Djcraigod View Post
No rest days ? Just to chill...
I was using the water parks as rest days as I assumed they would be less intense than the theme parks? I also assumed that the Kennedy Space centre wouldn't be as full on as the theme parks? (I may well be wrong on that)

Do you usually block out a whole day for rest/chill?
Old 25 Jun 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

I guess the water parks are less intense than the main parks but you still have to get up, get ready and head out etc

We stay in a villa so it’s a little different as we will block out a whole day/maybe two for rest and just relax around the villa pool for most of the day then maybe go out for an hour or two later in the evening.

Having said that, on our last trip on one of our rest days everyone wanted to go for an extra day at Universal so we just jumped in the car and went.

I think rest days are important, especially with children! Although you don’t state if you are taking little ones so may be different for you.
Djcraigod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Not sure the make up of your party but it reads as full on. We go as a couple and our first few trips were planned in a similar way to you, lots on and lots to do. We loved it!
Was it relaxing? No
Was it tiring at times? Yes
Would I go back and change it? No!
We take it at a more relaxed pace now but I get that desire to do as much as you can while you’re there, just be willing to be flexible if it becomes too much.
Hope HS isn’t too manic for you 🤞🏻
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
NatashaAudrey
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Djcraigod View Post
I guess the water parks are less intense than the main parks but you still have to get up, get ready and head out etc

We stay in a villa so it’s a little different as we will block out a whole day/maybe two for rest and just relax around the villa pool for most of the day then maybe go out for an hour or two later in the evening.

Having said that, on our last trip on one of our rest days everyone wanted to go for an extra day at Universal so we just jumped in the car and went.

I think rest days are important, especially with children! Although you don’t state if you are taking little ones so may be different for you.
Yes I guess the plus side is that the water parks open a tiny bit later than the other parks, but you are right. Perhaps I should factor in a little more pool/ rest time.

As you say we can always change our minds and head to the parks if we fancy it.

We don't have any children so we don't have little ones to worry about.
Old 25 Jun 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
NatashaAudrey
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Alwaysdisley View Post
Not sure the make up of your party but it reads as full on. We go as a couple and our first few trips were planned in a similar way to you, lots on and lots to do. We loved it!
Was it relaxing? No
Was it tiring at times? Yes
Would I go back and change it? No!
We take it at a more relaxed pace now but I get that desire to do as much as you can while you’re there, just be willing to be flexible if it becomes too much.
Hope HS isn’t too manic for you 🤞🏻
We are a couple and as I mentioned it is our first trip so we are eager to see and do as much as we can. Although admittedly my plan may be a tad too full on!

I suppose apart from the ADRS you aren't massively tied down to anything and even though these can be altered if they aren't the mega popular ones. Like you say, we will just have to be flexible when we are there if we do feel like we are too tired!
Old 25 Jun 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't think your plan looks too busy, we are adult only party and could easily manage this. My comments though:

- I don't think I would do California Grill at 5pm, it is a bit too early and this is a nice restaurant and most people will not be coming straight from the parks, so you would be really rushing assuming you want to go back to your room first.

- You have got a couple of Epcot visits at the weekend. It is going to be very busy at the weekend as the food and wine festival is on. I have not been in September before and when I was planning, most advise to stay away from Epcot at the weekend.

- I also would not do BB at the weekend.

Otherwise I think it looks absolutely fine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List