Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jul 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

TPA or MCO airports

We are pricing for next year and prices are pretty even for TPA and MCO.

Whats peoples thoughts that have done both please as we have never done TPA?

We were thinking if we did TPA then could do a few days down the coast on arrival and departure.
MCO can be very busy but it is geared up for the masses

Thanks in advance.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Just wondering if you've also considered Miami?
Prices normally more competitive (I'm yet to price up 2020 yet... perhaps I will now though!).
Longer drive but worth exploring and options to spend few days on/around coast as you head up to Orlando
Old 6 Jul 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlando_Kings View Post
Just wondering if you've also considered Miami?
Prices normally more competitive (I'm yet to price up 2020 yet... perhaps I will now though!).
Longer drive but worth exploring and options to spend few days on/around coast as you head up to Orlando
Yeah we have priced it up but lots extra. We did Miami last year and doing FLL this year.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Tampa is far more relaxed and quicker to get through. Wouldn't hesitate to use again. Also yes if you are going to be doing the coast then its ideal.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Superl
A Guest at All-Stars

Tampa is a lovely, laid back place and immigration is usually a breeze. There are good places to go on the coast, and it does avoid the Orlando bubble. I’ve spent a lot of time there in the past and I’d recommend it.
Superl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

This actually comes down to whether or not you fancy an adventure or fancy sticking with what you know.
We all like to moan if it took us longer than we hoped, but in normality none of them are ridiculous, and when there are big delays there's nothing you can do about it. If the price is the same the only reason to aim for Tampa is because you want to start your holiday down there.
If you are thinking of taking the drive from Tampa to avoid queues at Orlando then you are nuts. (I appreciate you didn't say this at all, i'm just making that point that an hours drive is not a trade off for a possibly shorter airport transition time.)
Old 6 Jul 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

We’re flying to Tampa this year as it was a fair bit cheaper for us that going direct to Orlando. I know it’s an hour’s drive, but how long is it from MCO? At least 30 mins if I recall, so the extra 30 from Tampa isn’t too bad.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Mobile

We're also flying into Tampa ,as it's not much further from MCO ,and we're hoping its quieter than Orlando...plus it was a little cheaper too .. x
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Susu
VIP Dibber

Susu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We much prefer Tampa Airport and would fly there in preference to Orlando. It’s quieter and quicker to get through. A much nicer environment in our opinion.
Susu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Rbf1979
Excited about Disney

We are flying into TPA for the £900 price difference.
Rbf1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List