Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 2 Dec 14, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Loving your report so far. We made our 2nd visit to NYC this July, loved the Highline and walked the Brooklyn Bridge ... Can't believe how busy they both look compared to when we were there.

I'm with you all the way on the museum, for us it seemed just a little too sterile, we actually felt we'd seen more on the television documentaries and felt more moved by those ... Still can't put my finger on it but something was definitely missing. We did watch the upstairs documentary though which was very good, there was such a devastatingly eerie silence after it ended as the audience stood up and left the auditorium. Very moving, more so than the actual exhibits we felt.

Sharon

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 14, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Loving your report so far. We made our 2nd visit to NYC this July, loved the Highline and walked the Brooklyn Bridge ... Can't believe how busy they both look compared to when we were there.

I'm with you all the way on the museum, for us it seemed just a little too sterile, we actually felt we'd seen more on the television documentaries and felt more moved by those ... Still can't put my finger on it but something was definitely missing. We did watch the upstairs documentary though which was very good, there was such a devastatingly eerie silence after it ended as the audience stood up and left the auditorium. Very moving, more so than the actual exhibits we felt.

Sharon
Thanks for reading and commenting Sharon.

The lovely weather definitely brought the crowds out for both the Highline and the Brooklyn Bridge. Have seen the bridge much quieter on a previous trip, but would like to see the Highline at a less busy time - that's on the 'there's always next time' list.

I completely get what you mean about the eerie silence after the upstairs documentary affecting the audience.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 15, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Fabulous read again! We had the same feelings about the 9/11 memorial, felt we had to go but did feel very eerie and certainly didn't like all the photography taking place We wont be visiting again on our next trip.

Food looks fab, I've taken down O'Haras and Bubbys names for lunch when we are down near the financial district.

That Friends pop up too! Amazing, I would have loved to have seen that, I'm an obsessive!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 15, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Fabulous read again! We had the same feelings about the 9/11 memorial, felt we had to go but did feel very eerie and certainly didn't like all the photography taking place We wont be visiting again on our next trip.

Food looks fab, I've taken down O'Haras and Bubbys names for lunch when we are down near the financial district.

That Friends pop up too! Amazing, I would have loved to have seen that, I'm an obsessive!
Bubby's is a place we'd definitely return to, just to try some of the delicious looking food that was coming out. Fingers crossed you like it if you go. And O'Haras was definitely great value too.

I was over the moon at the Friends pop up too. I like to pretend that I only went for my daughter, but that would be a complete lie!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 15, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great day, I would have enjoyed the Friends pop up just to sit on the settee! I think you have helped me to decide not to visit the 9/11 memorial-I feel like I should do it but I know the whole experience will just upset me, the selfies would annoy me too. Food looked great, I'm feeling really hungry now.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 15, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

How fab that the Friends pop up was there just at that time!

I'm also with you on the museum. We didn't do it and I'm not disappointed or felt that we missed out if that makes sense.

Dinner looked yum!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Great day, I would have enjoyed the Friends pop up just to sit on the settee! I think you have helped me to decide not to visit the 9/11 memorial-I feel like I should do it but I know the whole experience will just upset me, the selfies would annoy me too. Food looked great, I'm feeling really hungry now.
I know what you mean about the 9/11 memorial. You feel like you should do it, but something just doesn't sit right with me about it.

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great day x
Thanks for reading along.

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
How fab that the Friends pop up was there just at that time!

I'm also with you on the museum. We didn't do it and I'm not disappointed or felt that we missed out if that makes sense.

Dinner looked yum!
Dinner was yum! It was such a bonus being there at the same time as the Friends pop up too. I'm such a fan.