General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 9 Dec 14, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by disneyoli View Post
Wow, thanks for the really detailed reply. I was thinking maybe a week in total for NY and Boston, so maybe 4 in NY and 3 in Boston? I say this like I've got a trip planned... I wish Some day maybe...

The train is cheaper than I thought, so that could be something to consider. I'll have a look in the Jan sales, see if anyone has some flight deals going... (actually, I say that - hotels in New York can end up nearly as much as the flights aha) are Boston's generally as much? Cheers for all the info.
I think a week would be good.

With regards to the hotels, it depends what time of year you go. September was expensive, but they weren't too badly priced when we went at Easter and during the summer holidays. Register for Quikbook and Travelzoo deals - I usually book a cancellable rate and keep an eye on those weekly emails, as they often have offers where hotels are around half price. I'm assuming Boston could be similar in terms of pricing because it was for us, but again there may be cheaper options at different times of the year.

I can see your interest has been piqued now - hopefully the trip will happen sooner than you expect it to!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 14, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
I think a week would be good.

With regards to the hotels, it depends what time of year you go. September was expensive, but they weren't too badly priced when we went at Easter and during the summer holidays. Register for Quikbook and Travelzoo deals - I usually book a cancellable rate and keep an eye on those weekly emails, as they often have offers where hotels are around half price. I'm assuming Boston could be similar in terms of pricing because it was for us, but again there may be cheaper options at different times of the year.

I can see your interest has been piqued now - hopefully the trip will happen sooner than you expect it to!
Ahaha yeah interest has definitely piqued will have to see what deals there are in the New Year... you never know

With regards to the time of year it would prob be October, we were in Orlando in October just gone and the weather was amazing, I know it's cooler in NY and Boston at that time as it's further north, but I think the heat and crowds are prob too much in July and August.

Saying that prior to going to Orlando in October we'd always gone in the summer months and managed, but we enjoyed it much more due to the heat not being so intense if you know what I mean.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 15, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Great trip, thanks for taking the time to share!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 15, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Another great day, I have really enjoyed all of the photos. I didn't think I was a buildings person at all but you captured Boston beautifully-I actually wish we were going there instead of NY! Thoroughly enjoyed your visit, thanks for sharing it, I look forward to your next trip 😀.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Harvard looks stunning. Beautiful photo's.

What a fantastic trip you both had, have really enjoyed reading
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Great trip, thanks for taking the time to share!
Thanks for reading and commenting each day.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Another great day, I have really enjoyed all of the photos. I didn't think I was a buildings person at all but you captured Boston beautifully-I actually wish we were going there instead of NY! Thoroughly enjoyed your visit, thanks for sharing it, I look forward to your next trip 😀.
So glad you enjoyed reading along. Our daughter moans like mad at our holiday photos - she makes fun of all the tree and food photos.

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Harvard looks stunning. Beautiful photo's.

What a fantastic trip you both had, have really enjoyed reading
We loved it and Harvard was stunning. Thanks for reading and commenting.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List