Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 17 Sep 16, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Narbonne plage, August 2016, Day 8, hometime.

Tuesday 23rd August
Our last day, the flight wasn't until the afternoon so we had plenty of time, plus Russell was driving us to the airport.
I pretty much finished packing before going downstairs.
The market was on again, so we had another look. I brought a summer dress for €5.
On the way home we popped into the shop for some eggs and bread for breakfast.
One last photo on the way back.

Matt and I made scrambled eggs and beans on toast for everyone and we ate outside. We all had showers, then chilled until it was time to leave.
We loaded up Russell's car, said our goodbyes to Linda and were on our way. It took about an hour, it seemed a longer journey in the way back, but there wasn't any traffic so it was stress free.
Carcasonne airport is really small with nothing when you go through security, so we made the most of the sun and sat outside having a drink and snack.

Debbie and Michael got a lift to Stansted, and I was driving us back, so I had a mojito flavoured soft drink. The muffin had Nutella inside and was lovely.
We waited as long as we could, then went through security, I had a wand waved over me which was a first.
It was pretty quick boarding, I used the screen shots of our boarding pass which was fine again.
Matt and I were on the very back row, which seemed to have less room, but the flight was quick and we actually landed half hour early.
I texted meet and greet, and although we had to wait to get our cases, we were soon walking the long journey to passport control.
For the first time I could use the chip line, but I think it ended up longer than the normal line. What a faff, then Matt didn't get through so he had to queue in another line, it seemed a lot of people were being rejected.
I told him we would meet him by the toliets, and to be fair he was soon there.
We got to meet and greet early, but the car wasn't there. They need 2 hours notice to get the car early, and even though I had a little moan, we only had to wait 15 minutes, the car was dropped off near us, and we still left before the 8pm pick up time.
By the way when I booked, it automatically took the flight numbers and gave me the drop off/pick up times.
It was nice to start the drive in the light, as there is a massive roundabout and it is very stressful for me.
I managed to turn off, just avoiding a taxi ramming me but once on the main roads, the journey was easy and it took about an hour and a half.
We drove to mums to pick dd up and dropped Debbie and Michael off at the same time as they live on the same road.
We were home by 10, I got some food out the freezer, and then went to bed.
My lovely mum had been round and changed our bed covers and hoovered, bless her.

Another great holiday finished, and this will be our last time there as after 10 years, Linda and Russell are selling up. It's a shame as we do love it there, but I totally understand.
Thanks to everyone for reading, and commenting. It is much appreciated.

Edited at 06:03 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thanks for writing up the report! It is nice to see places that we live close to (though rarely visit!)

Enjoy Salou!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Thanks for writing up the report! It is nice to see places that we live close to (though rarely visit!)

Enjoy Salou!
Thank you.
Matt and I wanted to make the most of it, knowing it would be probably be our last visit.
Thanks for all your lovely comments as well.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List