dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Can’t beat Blaze.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Just binge read through your report.

Some really great choices; you’ve made me regret missing out Miller’s on our trip this year - we just couldn’t fit it in but we should have! Glad you loved Blaze too, it’s a good one for sure!
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Can’t beat Blaze.
Cannot argue with that
Old 2 Nov 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Just binge read through your report.

Some really great choices; you’ve made me regret missing out Miller’s on our trip this year - we just couldn’t fit it in but we should have! Glad you loved Blaze too, it’s a good one for sure!
Thanks very much. We nearly missed out on Millers too! As we were getting ready, it was a toss up between Millers and Chilis. I am SOOO glad we went to Millers. Great beer, fantastic food, and a cracking atmosphere.
Old 7 Nov 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

DAY FOURTEEN
STEAK N SHAKE
CHUYS

This was our final full day in Orlando so made yet another early start and headed to Universal Studios. Yet again the Park was relatively quiet and did everything we wanted to do plus a last bit of Universal souvenir shopping.
With a heavy heart we left the park for another year at lunchtime and discussed where we fancied eating. Now before we left England we had made a list of all the places that we wanted to eat while on holiday (sad but true) and a quick perusal that morning at said list confirmed that we had completed it. So today we decided to stick to a couple of old favourites and drove to Steak N Shake for Lunch
Elaine ordered yet another Strawberry Banana Milkshake

And went for an Original Double Steakburger with Cheese and Fries

While I went for the Triple Steakburger with Cheese and Fries

Yummy! And for $3.99 and $4.99 you really cannot complain as the quality and flavour is so good. To be fair I just don't know why the brand is struggling as have never had a bad experience at Steak N Shake and IMHO is far superior to both McDonalds and Burger King.
Our evening meal did not take a lot of choosing either as we both fancied Mexican so that meant only one place; CHUYS!
For once Elaine did not fancy a Cocktail (I know, I was amazed too!) so we both stuck to the Diet Cokes and munched on the complementary Chips and Dips although I took the photo before the Jalapeno Cream Sauce arrived

Tonight Elaine picked her favourite meal at Chuys which is the Chuychanga, their version of the Chimmichanga

For me I went for the House Special Steak Burrito

With both dishes you do get to choose one of their ten sauces to accompany the meal and we both went for the Jalapeno Cream Sauce as we both love it.
The food was fabulous and we both made a determined effort to finish it however some of the rice and beans did beat us. Both the Chuychanga and Burrito were crammed full of meat so there was no skimping on the main element of the meal and as usual the service and atmosphere was spot on.
So we left and headed back to the villa to pack and get ready for a final half day in Florida
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Yes! So glad you were back at SnS ... I didn't realise it's struggling? I must admit though in the 3/4 times we've been half of those times the service hasn't been great sadly they always seem to be understaffed. First time they didn't bring our milkshakes and we'd eaten before I ended up having to go ask for them to take out. Second time we ended up waiting 30 minutes for a table I think and then had took ages to order due to short staffed.

Chuy's looks lovely and so huge! A fab great last day I'd say x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Yes! So glad you were back at SnS ... I didn't realise it's struggling? I must admit though in the 3/4 times we've been half of those times the service hasn't been great sadly they always seem to be understaffed. First time they didn't bring our milkshakes and we'd eaten before I ended up having to go ask for them to take out. Second time we ended up waiting 30 minutes for a table I think and then had took ages to order due to short staffed.

Chuy's looks lovely and so huge! A fab great last day I'd say x
Thanks Kelly. Yeah Steak n Shake posted an operating loss of $18.9 million in its first quarter. They lost $10 million in the whole of the previous year so outlets are closing and there is a big worry about them at the moment.
We go to the one along from the Vineland outlets and I think like a lot of places if they are quiet which we seem to hit lucky with, they are fine but can well imagine them struggling if they are busy due to low staff numbers. They did though have one old fella there, who we haven't seen for a couple or years who was kinda slow.
Chuys portions are MAHOOSIVE! I got Fajitas for me last year. Honestly there was enough to feed a family of four. Barely made a dent in it!
Old 8 Nov 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

DAY FIFTEEN
IT'S TIME TO RETURN HOME
CHICKEN GUY
PLANE FOOD

So today was the day all of us dread. The return home. So we said goodbye to our rented villa for another year and made our way to Disney Springs
Now Virgin does have its faults, however for us their massive selling point is the Bag Drop Off. Get rid of them for $10 each and the rest of the day is yours without the stress of worrying about your luggage. Our routine on the last day does not change; drop the bags off, take in a movie, leisurely stroll/shop at the Springs, grab a bite to eat and head to the Airport.
The movie of choice was Ad Astra (not the best and waaay too long for the content) came out did our shopping (Ghirardelli Squares Bags at 2 for $8; result ) and headed to Chicken Guy
Elaine decided on the 3 Chicken tenders and Fries

As well as the Cinnamon Apple Frozen Treat

My choice? The Sauce Boss! And my Two sauces were The Spice Mayo and the Sweet Sriracha BBQ

The sandwich was messy but incredibly tasty and Elaine enjoyed her tenders
The Milkshake? I don't do Milkshakes however, seriously, this is Apple Pie and Ice Cream in liquid format. It is that good. Who knows what the calorie count in it is, but quite frankly who cares!
So two sad people headed off slowly to the Airport for the long journey home.
It was dark by the time we took off so apologies in advance for the next photos.
Tonight's dinner choice were okay so Elaine went for the Curry and Rice

And for me it was the Pulled Pork, Mash and Beans

Both were surprisingly good for plane food and a million times better than the offering on the way out.
Breakfast came shortly before landing but no photos were taken of the Pain au Chocolat and Yogurt as by that time I was too tired to get the camera out (I don't know about you guys but I can never sleep on a Night Flight) but it was edible and filled a gap.

So that was the holiday over for another year and plans are already in place for the next one.
The final instalment will follow soon which will be the Highs and Lows of the food experience this holiday , or in other words, The 2019 Elaine and Allan Food Awards. Don't Miss it!

Edited at 12:50 PM.
Geordie Al is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Looking forward to the awards! Totally agree it's always sad to go home.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Looking forward to the awards! Totally agree it's always sad to go home.
Thank you! The worst thing is you look forward for what seems an eternity for the holiday and then it is over in a flash. The two weeks never ever moves that fast when you are at work