Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 28 Mar 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Smoggie13
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Disney tickets 2020

I am due to go to Orlando on 30/4 and have not had my flights cancelled yet but I’m anticipating it. I’m not going to be able to make a trip at any point this year so wondered what happens to Disney park tickets if you’re not able to use them? All that I see Disney offering is the option to use them at a later date this year.
Smoggie13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Travel insurance should cover the cost - please check first though.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

disneyworld/travel...ation-updates/

If you have the UK Ultimate tickets they are valid till 30th Sept 2021

Date based tickets till 15th December 2020

Our 14 day tickets are linked to MDE so will hopefully get back next April or May to use them.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Travel insurance as mentioned or credit card.

We’re we’re due to go on 2nd May and bought through ebookers. Given this is unprecedented I wonder how if you go through travel insurance or credit card they get those tickets cancelled on mde etc?

I really doubt we’ll be able to get next year now either so extended ticket use to sept next year is of no help to us.

When’s a good time to talk to travel insurance? A couple of weeks before your trip or a couple of days?

Edited at 01:33 PM.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
makria
Looking for my Ears

we are in the same boat.
Luckily the villa cancelled without issue. TUI for our flights they told me as the window gets closer I can cancel and receive a full refund, but if I cancel the flights now I will lose 100%.

The Disney tickets however - the best I can do is get a 80% refund from Attraction Tickets and hoepfully claim the other 20% via travel insurance.
Attraction Tickets wont refund any of our NASA tickets - as I downloaded and printed them off ! So hopefully insurance helps there.

Also just to add 2021 is no good for us as we have a family wedding to pay and save for.
makria is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Smoggie13
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

I booked my tickets through Florida escapes and they’re not refunding only offering a letter for insurance companies
Smoggie13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
Have you got ultimate tickets? Are they linked to MDE. Mine are and saying valid until 30 Sept 2021.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGirl86
Excited about Disney

DisneyGirl86's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 14
That’s rather poor of Florida Escapes. A lot of insurances I’ve seen don’t cover that much for tickets but you’ll have to check your policy. I bought ours from Attraction Tickets Direct and they offered me an 80% refund. But I’m just going to keep all tickets as I will definitely use them by their revised expiry dates.
Old 4 Apr 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Smoggie13 View Post
I booked my tickets through Florida escapes and they’re not refunding only offering a letter for insurance companies
Shocking - add these to the avoid list.

Most insurance policies only have small limits for tickets and excursions
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Shocking - add these to the avoid list.

Most insurance policies only have small limits for tickets and excursions
I wouldn't say it was shocking. Most ticket companies state that the tickets are non-refundable.

With tickets sales being significantly down this year anyway because of what's happening, I doubt these smaller ticket companies can afford to refund the money when they will have already paid Disney/Universal/Seaworld. Doing so would likely make them go bust, which means people wouldn't get their money back then either. It's generous of those companies who are providing some sort of refund.

Having said that, Florida Escapes website states that the tickets are now valid until September 2021 (for Disney) or December 2021 (for Universal/Seaworld).

BTW, just for info, Florida Escapes is part of Hays Travel, the company that took on the old Thomas Cook stores.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List