Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Another Birthday Trip, Oct 2019 - Day 2, Three Birthdays in Magic Kingdom

The previous day is HERE.

**I need to add in something from yesterday - besides the sunpass and leaving the car park hold-up, our travel day was really good. Mum, Dad, Ryan, Bethany, Piper and Cody didn't have the same easy day we did. They were on the earlier BA flight which was delayed and it was because of this that we had seen them at baggage reclaim. Their luggage took a long time to come through and then with having cases, hand luggage, car seats and a pushchair, they had to do second bag drop and this took absolutely ages. When we had arrived at POR (which was later than I had thought we would get there after what time the plane landed), they still hadn't even finished with second bag drop! I think they were well over an hour later arriving at their resorts than we were at ours. Anyway, back to today.**

Friday 4 October 2019

I had a terrible nights sleep again. I was cold and the A/C was loud. For ages I didn't want to get up but in the end, I had to turn it off. It was four something when I woke up and I got up just before 5am. Phil, Madison and Kaley were all awake by then too.

When I got up, I had moved their presents to the end of the bed

They both look so tired!

They started opening their presents

I had ordered these books from amazon.com and they were with the parcels I had collected from Tim, along with Kaley's main present.

Some more dollars to add to their spending money. The gift boxes were flat packed ones I had bought from the Card Factory and brought over with us. As they only had a few gifts, two of Madison's being dollars, I wanted something that looked better than just envelopes.

Kaley opening her main present

She had been asking for a new iPad for ages as she said hers kept glitching. I ordered this from Walmart but the order kept getting cancelled for some reason, which was frustrating as I had ordered from there in 2015. I looked on amazon.com and it was the same price as Walmart (a lot cheaper than UK prices), so ordered it along with the books and some apple earphones and the connector cable so she could use them with the iPad. I completely forgot that we would need to hook this up to the computer before she could use it . Thankfully she could still use her old one on the few occasions they had time to.

Madison had only asked for two things for her birthday, dollars, so that was her main present

And a pop socket for her phone

Two very happy girls

We all had showers, got dressed and put sun cream on, then Phil and the girls had some of the cereal we had brought with us. We put the last bits in the park bag and left the room at 6.06am and were in the car and on our way to the Poly to meet the others at 6.12am.

It was so dark out, some of our photos this morning looked like it was late at night, not early morning.

We pulled up at the Poly just before 6.25am and told them we were just arriving but already had our magic bands. They scanned Phil's and asked the name of the lead booker. We gave Mum and Dad's surname then realised our mistake that was about to give away the fact that Dan, Dave and Cole were already there; we were on their booking so had to give their surname. Madison and Kaley picked up on this straight away and said "Dan and Dave are already here!" and we had to tell them they were. So annoying to get so close and have to give away the secret.

We drove round, found a parking space, walked over to the lobby and in and up the stairs. The girls spotted Dan, Dave and Cole immediately and went running over to them. They were so excited to see them. They were already in the line for the monorail so we joined them. Ryan had messaged to say they were running a bit late and to go on ahead of them and they would let us know when they got in the park. Mum and Dad were having problems with Dads annual pass and magic band (somehow on MDE it had changed to being linked to Michelle) so they were going to guest services in the lobby to sort that. It took almost an hour and a half for them to do this.

Anyway, within about a minute of us joining the line, they opened the doors and we were allowed to go out, through bag check and on to the waiting silver monorail.

The journey didn't take long and we were through the tapstyles at 6.50am, perfect timing as we had wanted to be there for the 7 - 8am EMH.

We took some photos outside while we waited

We also had some taken by the PP photographer

They started letting everyone in just before 7am so we took a slow walk in, just taking in being back in Magic Kingdom and on Main Street after so long. We were all so happy.

One of our favourites

And then seeing Main Street and the castle

Cole was his usual happy self

Phil took some photos of the windows

The Halloween Mickey decorations

I love Main Street

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 08:30 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

We took our time walking up Main Street, stopping for PP pics on the way

We had got about halfway up Main Street when Ryan messaged to say they had just come in so we waited for them and had some pictures together

We then had to get a photo of the birthday people together

Ryan only wore this tie for a few minutes!

Then had a some pictures closer to the castle

Phil taking photos as usual

We were directed to the right, where they scanned my MB and asked how many of us there were, then let us carry on towards Tomorrowland

We stopped here for some more PP pics

And some magic shots too

We walked through Tomorrowland to Fantasyland

This is how I remember the crowds for today, on Touring Plans it was a 1, something we hadn't expected at all for a holiday in October.

We walked straight onto this and were on at 7.30am.

The kids all enjoyed this and I don't actually mind it myself.

Phil took some more photos when we came out, as we made our way to the Carousel

If I remember correctly, Cole had gone tired and that's why they weren't with us at this point, and Mum and Dad hadn't got to the park yet.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Edited at 08:25 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We walked straight onto the Carousel

This is a fun ride and everyone enjoyed it. From here we walked round to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and went on that, buying a pin of the ride from the shop afterwards ($12.99 plus tax)

Next, we went to the Mad Tea Party. Phil always spins this really fast so I sat this one out. He took Madison, Kaley and Piper on and Ryan went on with Cody.

They had loads of fun on this. It was about 8.20am now and I think Ryan, Bethany, Piper and Cody went off to use a FP. We went to see what time the wait was for the Tomorrowland Speedway - it was 30 minutes so we left it.

A picture of the Tron construction

We went to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin next, again this was a walk on. Absolutely terrible pictures of the scores!

And the ride pictures

We still had some time before our 9am Dumbo FP and meet up time with the others so Phil and Kaley went on Astro Orbiter, which they really enjoyed

Madison and I went to the toilet, then found a bench near the People Mover to sit and wait. There was hardly anyone around, this part of the park was so empty.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day, it was lovely and hot, but not uncomfortably hot. Phil and Kaley were only a couple of minutes and then we walked straight on (again) to the People Mover.

Another picture of the Tron construction

We all love the People Mover, it's such a relaxing ride with some great views of this part of the park.

We got off this at 8.55am and walked to Dumbo, where we were meeting everyone else for our 9am FP.

Cody was asleep so Bethany and my Dad sat this one out (Mum and Dad had met up with Dan, Dave and Cole a bit ago).

A photo of Phil taking photos!

Another fun ride that we could all enjoy together. We all went to the Barnstormer next as Kaley and Piper wanted to try it.

Phil took some photos while they were in the line and on the ride

Kaley really liked this but Piper wasn't so sure about it. We wanted to go and see if we could see Ariel then go on Under the Sea before our 9.40am FP meeting the Princesses. I can't remember what the others wanted to do, but we went our different ways at this point.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Edited at 07:07 PM.
Old 2 Mar 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We walked over to Ariel's Grotto and the wait time said 15 minutes so we got in line. (It was 9.23am at this point.) It actually took just over 20 minutes until we were seeing Ariel but she was really good fun so we were glad we had seen her.

Signing their autograph books

She was chattering away to them the whole time

She hid the books behind her back before they took the posed photo

Then played about switching them over before she gave them back

Madison and Kaley both really enjoyed meeting Ariel, she was a lot of fun, asked loads of questions and was really good.

We walked round to Under the Sea with the Little Mermaid from here and the wait time said 5 minutes so we joined the line, which turned out to be another walk on.

This is a fun, cute ride. Not a lot more to say really.

We went over to Princess Fairytale Hall next for our FP to meet Rapunzel and Tiana. It was 10.02am now and we were well into our FP time slot. This was pretty much another walk on, being in and out in 10 minutes.

We saw Tiana first

I like it when the PP photographers get photos of the girls looking at the character

I have no idea what they were talking about at this point

And then Rapunzel

If I remember correctly, we didn't have anyone behind us so had a bit longer than you would normally get when there are people waiting.

Pretty castle pics while we walked to Crystal Palace

Based on this picture, I guess that the Move It Shake It(?) thing was happening as we went past

Casey's Corner

We all got to Crystal Palace at the same time so went to check in. We had two reservations, one for 4 and one for 9, and asked if they could be joined so that we could sit together, as we were celebrating three family birthdays together. The check in host said that allowing the usual time they allow for meals, the table of 6 and 7 they had next to each other would be free in about 50 minutes if we wanted to wait for them. We said that we had 5 kids with us, two of whom were a baby and a 2-year old and that was too long to wait and did they have tables of 4 and 9 near each other. She said she would see what she could do and checked us all in. We were surprised when less than a minute later, the others were all called and taken in, to the left of the restaurant, and about 2 minutes after that, we were called and taken to the far side of the right side of the restaurant. They honestly could not have put us further apart if they had tried.

What was especially frustrating about this was that lots of tables came free on our side, before we had seen all the characters, which were then re-set for the lunch seating and were not used the whole of the remaining time we were there. Mum came over a bit later and said that it was the same on their side and they even had a table of 4 about three tables up from them that was empty. We had all already had our drinks and some food at this point so it wasn't worth saying anything.

I didn't let it bother me too much on the day, though not getting the AP or DVC discount we would have got being sat with Mum, Dad, Dan and Dave was annoying, especially with how expensive it is in there. I did email a complaint when we got home about this and some other little niggles and I have just realised that I never had a response.

Anyway, getting on with the breakfast, we hadn't been sat for long when Piglet came round

We could see none of the other characters were nearby so went to get some food. I had some breakfast potatoes, cheesy breakfast potatoes, sausage, bacon, steak omelette and Pooh toast

This was all really good, especially the cheesy potatoes

Madison's plate

Kaley's plate, I don't know why she didn't toast the bread!

Madison, Kaley and I all had apple juice, Phil had orange juice and coffee.

My second plate

This cinnamon pull apart looks tiny but I'm sure I wouldn't have only had this as it was so good!

Tigger and Winnie the Pooh came by in quick succession

It was about 11.10am by now and the restaurant around us emptied. We didn't see our server again, other than to drop our bill off and tell us to pay when we were ready. One of the reasons for booking at this time was to try and get some of the lunch food too but it was quite clear that wasn't going to be an option for us.

Phil, Madison and Kaley all had ice cream with sprinkles

At some point, Piglet came round again and then, about half an hour after Tigger and Winnie the Pooh had gone, Eyeore came round

At least the characters and food in here were good, it makes up a bit for the disappointment of not all being together and having an uninterested server who seemed to rush us. I suppose lunch is more expensive than breakfast so bigger tips to be made by the people coming in after us.

As I mentioned, if we had been sitting together we would have been able to get a 20% discount so not having this made the total $156.56 plus $26.46 for an 18% tip. Thankfully we had the $200 gift card we got with our booking to use, there is no way I could pay for this with actual money.

Reading this back, it sounds like we should have said something on the day or gone to Guest Services but it really didn't bother me as much at the time, it is since we've been home and remembering the day that it bugged me more. Even though we weren't sat together, we did enjoy it, Madison and Kaley absolutely love Winnie the Pooh, and as long as they are happy, that's all that matters.

At some point they did seem to remember that we were there to celebrate birthdays so brought out cards and a cupcake each

The girls didn't want the cakes as they had ice cream so these got left. We got our stuff together and went to the other side of the restaurant to wait for the others to finish.

They were also about done and we were soon back outside.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Edited at 08:07 PM.
Old 2 Mar 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOS POST

Bethany and Dan took Cody and Cole to the Baby Care Centre to change them before we went to use our Peter Pan FP

We joined the FP line at 12.10 and were on and off in 10 minutes. We all enjoyed the ride, another nice, easy fun one.

We took a slow walk back towards the front of the park, via Liberty Square

Phil, Madison and Kaley stopped off on the way and got some Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards. We left and headed up to the resort monorail line.

Green monorail

And then our monorail, monorail silver again

Phil took some photos

We were on the monorail at 12.50pm and it took a little while to get round to the Poly

We nipped to our cars to get our stuff then we went up to Dan, Dave and Cole's room and Ryan, Bethany, Piper and Cody went to Mum and Dad's.

Cole was having lots of fun being able to play on the floor. He had some toys and Madison and Kaley were playing with him and rolling his ball away and saying fetch and he just kept laughing uncontrollably, it was so cute

We all got ready to go swimming and I took Madison and Kaley upstairs to get the waterproof video camera from Mum and Dad (I have no idea when we gave it to them). They were all ready so we went down to the pool with them at about 2pm (Dan was still faffing I think ).

I was all ready to go in the pool but it had gotten a bit cloudy and I didn't want to have to do my hair so I ended up staying out, filming and taking photos.

Madison had come out after a while to sit with me

After just over an hour, everyone was ready to get out and head back up to the rooms. We had wanted to try a flatbread from Captain Cooks so went and got a pepperoni one with a sprite

This should have cost $15.43 including tax but we used a quick service credit. We shared this to have a taste and it was really nice. After this, we got all our stuff together and went to Pineapple Lanai to get a pineapple swirl dole whip float

This should have cost $5.99 plus tax but we used snack credit. This was really good, the four of us really like these. It was 3.30pm by now and Dan, Dave and Cole had already gone up to have baths and showers. We went up and had showers, got dressed and I did the girls hair. While I was finishing getting ready, Phil took some photos of the girls out on the balcony

We were all ready to leave at 4.30pm and followed each other to BJ's Brewhouse at Vineland. It took ages to get there and it was 5.10pm when we arrived. They couldn't find our reservation to start with but a manager came over and sorted it. We were soon shown to a long table to the left in the restaurant. We had drinks and had placed our order by 5.45pm.

Kaley had cheese and tomato pizza and fries, $6.50

Sorry, very blurry pic.

Madison had a cheeseburger and fries, $6.50

They both really liked these and Madison ate all of hers.

Phil had the Brewhouse burger and fries, $9.50

He really enjoyed this.

I had the BJ's classic fried chicken sandwich, $12.50

This was really good, I just wasn't hungry enough to eat it all.

Dan and Dave were paying for mine and Phil's food as we were getting their food using our credits in a couple of days. This meant that for our drinks and the girls food and our share of the tip, we only paid $25. I've also just realised that I had wrote in my notes that Mum and Dad felt so bad that we weren't sat together at breakfast and couldn't use their discount that they gave us $20 so we used that to pay towards our share. We tried to not accept it but they weren't having any of it.

Photo of the receipt

I love this photo

We were all too full for pudding, though Dan and Dave got some monkey bread to go, so we left at 6.50pm. We had wanted to go to Walmart after dinner but it was later than we had thought we would be finished and after such a long day, and with another early start tomorrow, we decided to leave it and just head back to POR. With Dan and Dave having got us some water and getting milk from the resort the day before, there wasn't anything that we needed to get urgently.

We were back to our room at 7.15pm. Kaley was really tired and went straight to bed

Phil was going over to Riverside Mill to get us some drinks in our refillable mugs and Madison wasn't tired so went with him. Our location was perfect, it was just about a 5 minute walk from our room to the main area so they weren't gone too long. They went into Fulton's General Store on their way back and Phil got a POR specific pin badge ($9.99) and a 2019 specific pin ($14.99), including tax the total was $26.61.

I tidied up our stuff from the day and got things ready for tomorrow. Phil and Madison got back with the drinks then Madison got ready for bed and was in bed reading at 7.50pm.

She went to sleep at about 8.15pm. My notes say I was in bed at 8.30pm reading, which I thought was early but looking at my notes for the following day, the time is very similar so it must be correct.

My steps for today - 18,136
Phil's steps for today - 16,794

We'd had such a good day today. The girls loved getting to spend their birthday with everyone in Magic Kingdom and it was good to have pool time together. We do go all in with birthdays as a family so it was good that we were having dinner together with not being all together at breakfast.

We couldn't believe how quiet Magic Kingdom was this morning (it was a 1 on Touring Plans), and although we spent quite a bit of our EMH time on Main Street getting photos, we still got on a lot of rides and saw characters before our breakfast ADR. I was glad we had decided to utilise the additional early EMH that were on while we there, it made such a difference to our first few days.

Next up, Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs is HERE.

TODAY'S DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 1 Counter Service used and 1 Snack Credit used. We do get better at using these, I promise!

OVERALL DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 3/80 Counter Service used and 1/80 Snack Credits used.

DINING PLAN CREDITS REMAINING - 77 Counter Service and 79 Snack Credits.

Edited at 04:17 PM.
Old 2 Mar 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

What a lovely way to spend their birthdays 🎂
Old 5 Mar 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

What a great first day. Following along.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
What a lovely way to spend their birthdays 🎂
Thank you, we had such a great day.

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
What a great first day. Following along.

Kat
Thank you.

Old 17 Apr 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The girls look so thrilled with their presents, very sweet to get them being so grateful.

Such a shame the surprise about Dan and Dave was spoiled right at the last minute, nothing gets past kids does it?!

I can’t believe how dark it was when you arrived at the park.

I love Madison’s outfit and I am so glad she was still happy to be meeting Princesses.

Cole is such a cutie!

We didn’t enjoy Crystal Palace last year but your pictures are reminding me why we love it, I also love that the restaurant is so bright and airy.

A lovely first day, not too busy and some relaxing time to help with the jetlag.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We had such a lovely day on their birthdays! Magic Kingdom was so quiet as well! When we left you at the hub, we were taking Cole to have his breakfast ☺️ I still can’t believe all the rides you guys got on first thing! We had so much fun in the pool, glad we managed to do that 😊
I don’t think i realised the food you’d had at the Poly 😂 x

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List