Closed Thread

Old 6 Nov 02, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
paulab
Apprentice Imagineer

paulab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Suite Anyone?

We staye din a suite this year as there are 5 of us and we wanted to be able to put the children to bed without all having to go. It was really successful and I would definately do it again, even with a preference over having a villa.

Has anyone else sayed in a Suite, if so, which ones, and were they good?

Paula

Sorry, for the typo's, had half a bottle of exceedingly good red this evening, and as you can seen it's not the best prelude to DIBBing ... !

July 90 Honeymoon.
July 02 04 05 06 08 11 14 Vistana Villages
July 18 - The 4 Men and Mum Trip
paulab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 02, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Did not have a suite, stayed at ASMO and in the end I bought a little torch(after sitting in the bath a few nights) so that I could read at night after DH and kids had gone to bed, or if i was up before everyone in the mornings, would sit outside the room door with The Daily Mail and read that till every one was awake. Next time a Villa(me hopes)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 02, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
paulab
Apprentice Imagineer

paulab's Reviews
Hi libby, welcome to the boards. That does sound a nightmare, we have done the same in the past and decided that a suite was a good alternative to a hotel room for the reasons above. A villa does seem attractive, but we do like the feel of a hotel, I personally like being 'up in the air' with the security of a hotel foyer and also the children like to meet others both around the hotel and at the smimming pool, which I think they would miss with a villa.

How old are your children?

Paula

July 90 Honeymoon.
paulab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 02, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi Paulab
Kids are 9 & 6 at the moment
Whilst in Disney Oct 01 we visted friends who had a villa with own pool and they took great delight in showing us all the rooms etc. but as this was our first Disney trip we wanted to stay onsite. We will not be able to go again till 2004 and i will hopefully be booking a villa for then.The kids will be entertained for many hours just to have a pool just for them
Old 7 Nov 02, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

We stay at Vistana which whilst not being hotel-like is great, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, washer and dryer. there are blocks of apartments together varying from 2 storey to 7 storey.
Security is excellent as are the facilities.
I prefer it to being in a hotel room, although if I got somewhere like the poly or yacht club cheap enough I'd go there, but only for 1/2 the time.
Old 7 Nov 02, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post

hi Paulab

We always use timeshare apartments when we go to see the mouse.This is due to me not rely liking hotels much as I never seem to be able to relax in them and having two teenage children
who like their own space from each other and us old fogies.
We have stayed at Cypress Ponte twice and Westgate Lakes once both have 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms one with olympic sized jacuzzi,fullyfitted kitchen,dining room lounge and several TVs.There are also those little extras for the love of my life,a washer/dryer,iron and ironing board.All the apartments are in landscaped grounds with several pools and other amenities.
Next October we are booked into Vistana Villages anybody been there?Any good?

Dave
Old 7 Nov 02, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Haven't stayed in one before Paula, but would be a good idea now that Mark and I are together and Becky needs a separate room! we had 2 rooms at the All Star and HRH this trip and it does work out expensive!
Old 8 Nov 02, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDes
Getting Excited

I don't know if this is any help as there are 5 of you, but when we went we stayed at the Holiday Inn Family Suites and it was well good. We had a kids room with bunk beds and a fold up bed, the main bedroom with double king sized and a sofa bed in the lounge. Small sink, full fridge and micro wave.

Hotel was great, superb pool kids could eat free with an adult and full breakfast included. Only 5 mins from WDW too! If was going to go in hotel again would not hesitate but book that one again.

Des
DisneyDes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 02, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
paulab
Apprentice Imagineer

paulab's Reviews
Hi Des (my DH is also Des, so bare with me if I get confused!)

The HIFS was 5 mins from Caribe Royale where we stayed this year, and we went to have a look round on our last day, as our choice had been between CR and HIFS when we originally booked. I must say I was impressed with the HIFS too, we were showed around the kidsuites (ours are 9, 7 & 3) so these would be ideal, and the pool areas were great too. Was it very noisy in rooms facing the pool? Was the free breakfast good, and were there long queues for it?

Paula

July 90 Honeymoon.
Old 9 Nov 02, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Carole
Imagineer

Next October we are booked into Vistana Villages anybody been there?Any good?
We're just back from there. Decor wasn't too my taste, and the housekeeping wasn't particularly good, but the rooms were big enough, clean enough and fairly well equipped. As soon as I've got some time, I'll get cracking on the trip report with all the details
2007 - BCV, AKV
2008 - Las Vegas, BCV, AKV, St Petes
2009 - VB, Key West, Miami, BCV, AKV
2010 - OKW, Hard Rock Hotel, BCV
2011 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
2013 - BCV, AKV, 2014 - AKV, BCV, RPR
2016 - BCV, AKV, 2017 - AKV, Royal Pacific, Coronado Springs
Carole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread