Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Sep 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Does this mean restrictions have been lifted?

federalregister.gov/docu...Xq60jc-rEOz9MU

Our son and his family relocated to California days before lockdown. We're desperate to go out to visit but Mr Trump has other ideas. My lovely daughter in law sent me this link today, they think this might mean we can fly out now. Does it?
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
According to the FCO website travel to the US is still prohibited for UK citizens.

gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
According to the FCO website travel to the US is still prohibited for UK citizens.

Steve
Thanks Steve, I saw that too. I just don't understand how that gels with the link I posted which seems to say the opposite. I've been googling non stop but can't find any other information. Thanks again for replying.
Sue
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mr T needs to terminate his proclamation banning UK citizens entry in to the US once he has done that then we can fly.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
The move to end travel restrictions at US airports is probably needed before the proclamation is terminated so i see it as the government departments putting things in place so when it happens it can be business as usual hopefully.

Steve
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mr T needs to terminate his proclamation banning UK citizens entry in to the US once he has done that then we can fly.

Steve
And I can't see that happening till after the election... sigh...

Sue
Old 19 Sep 20, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
And I can't see that happening till after the election... sigh...

Sue
That unfortunately might be what happens but you never know.

Steve
Old 19 Sep 20, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Steve
I don't read that as prohibited.

People have been going to Spain which has the same advice and been allowed in.

To me if the OP wants to go against FCO advise, their link suggests they will be let in.
I would check insurance policies very carefully though.
Think Blue Nose found one that covered going to Spain. Whether that can be similarly bought for USA I don't know

Edited to add - just seen posts above mine that were written while I was posting this
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 12:04 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I don't read that as prohibited.

People have been going to Spain which has the same advice and been allowed in.

To me if the OP wants to go against FCO advise, their link suggests they will be let in.
I would check insurance policies very carefully though.
Think Blue Nose found one that covered going to Spain. Whether that can be similarly bought for USA I don't know
Travel to USA is subject to entry restrictions

British nationals cannot enter the USA if they have been in the UK, Ireland, Schengen zone, Iran, Brazil or China within the previous 14 days
If you are eligible to enter the USA you must be prepared to self-isolate for up to 14 days after arrival

Looks pretty clear to me, unless the OP is going to go to a country that is allowed entry to the US for 14 days before traveling to the US.

Steve
Old 19 Sep 20, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree with Steve

The document posted removes the arrival restrictions only such that, if you arrive legitimately, you can get through the airport without the restrictions that have been in place.

However, owing to the proclamation (flight ban) you cannot yet fly directly to the US from UK/Schengen (unless you have certain student/academic visas or a business interest waiver).

You can travel from a country outside of Schengen/UK (eg. Turkey) as long as you are there 14 days prior to arrival in the USA and fly directly, not transit through one of the banned countries. So, it depends how much time you have. (You would need a new ESTA, if you travel on ESTA as all were cancelled but you are allowed to reapply if you can travel legitimately)

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List