Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Apr 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mark&leona2014
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Never rented a villa before

Hi everyone
We are not new to Florida but have never rented a villa before and have so many questions. We are thinking of 2022 for 10 people. Would you recommend a particular company to book a villa through? And do you find that having a villa you spent less on eating out? Many thanks
mark&leona2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

we spent less on breakfast and lunch but found it cheaper to eat out for dinner

we use airbnb, homeaway and holiday lettings

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jokercraig
Proud to wear my Ears

Heya, oddly enough I am in the opposite boat lol

The dibb has some lovely villas that are always worth looking into, I also spend less at breakfast but always seem to be out as don't want to be cooking on holiday (but if you wanted to cook then you would definitely save money).
jokercraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ukman
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The company I'd recommend for the villa is the dibb villa request section. We have been visiting florida/Orlando for many many years and have stayed in hotels twice as we pretty much love villas.

As for food we are a family of 7 most times and find eating a variety as times you just want to eat out and there are times you want a proper homely cooked meal. Cooking your own meal can be as expensive or as cheap as you want.
ukman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Definitely spend less on eating out, even just on breakfast items. A large cinnamon roll will last me through to lunch. A quick evening meal after a busy day in the parks is a cooked chicken or fried chicken with rolls and salad. I won't cook on holiday but this is a perfect cheat.

For finding a villa you can search on here The Dibb, lots of lovely villas advertised. Our favourite resort is Formosa Gardens Estate but anywhere around there is a great location. Close to restaurants, supermarkets and the closest villa area to the Disney parks.
We have booked through HomeAway, VR360villas and AirBnB before.

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We've hired villas through Virgin before but with no guarantee on where/what you are going to get we decided to book a Dibb villa last year so we know what we are getting.
It was perfect, so much so we've rebooked for next year (fingers crossed).
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gward
Getting Excited

Mobile

After this years virus issues I would be asking about their cancellation policy if booking a villa direct with the owner!
Gward is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gward View Post
After this years virus issues I would be asking about their cancellation policy if booking a villa direct with the owner!
You need to read the T&C's of any villa you book..they will tell you where you stand...there is usually a range of time scales and the appropriate % of the payment you could expect to be refunded..ier

Let's hope this all becomes easier for us all as soon as possible
Good luck with any plans
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Cancellation policy was quite clear for the villa we’ve booked. There’s been issues with various companies when cancelling, the virus wouldn’t put me of booking direct with an owner.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As above, T&C's clearly stated by our villa owner. He refunded our security deposit and the pool heating, the rest we are claiming on travel insurance, thats what it is for.

OP
We love staying in a villa, we have had some from here on the Dibb and they have been fantastic. We often have breakfast in the villa but sometimes out, We often eat out in the evening but you can do this as cheaply as you want.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List