Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Dec 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

What’s everyone’s thoughts about Europe next summer?

As per title. Do you think Europe would be ok for a holiday next summer? Not necessarily covid, but brexit too. I’m trying to figure out what to do. I’m usually so organised, and covid (and brexit in regards to holidays in Europe) are doing my head in now. I just need something to look forward too

I’m thinking about Switzerland (which is not in the EU, so I guess just the covid issue there) which we would fly to, or the Netherlands (we’d drive there on Eurotunnel). We’ve been to both countries before, so know we’d have a great time.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

I have booked Cornwall for May and Scotland for July, I’m hoping for Majorca in August. I decided the first half of the year would be just too soon but wanted to have some plans in place (both have free cancellation too) However I think it would be Covid more than brexit that may stop us. We also have Lapland booked for next December so got everything crossed it’s all sorted by then!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have Lanzarote flights for September rearranged from this summer and the hotel is booked pay on arrival. I also want to book something for July but I wouldn't book just yet anything that involves paying upfront.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
john w
Getting Excited

We have a Mediterranean cruise booked for June. Hope to have vaccination by then.
john w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by porridge View Post
As per title. Do you think Europe would be ok for a holiday next summer? Not necessarily covid, but brexit too. I’m trying to figure out what to do. I’m usually so organised, and covid (and brexit in regards to holidays in Europe) are doing my head in now. I just need something to look forward too

I’m thinking about Switzerland (which is not in the EU, so I guess just the covid issue there) which we would fly to, or the Netherlands (we’d drive there on Eurotunnel). We’ve been to both countries before, so know we’d have a great time.
Putting Covid aside and looking at Brexit then I think flying will be fine.

If you have your passport with required time left on them and holiday insurance, as anywhere else, then I don't see an issue.

Travelling by car I'd be tempted to wait and see just due to the chaos expected at ports. If they are blocked by freight will cars get through? I'm really not sure how it works but maybe something to check out.

Re Covid I would hope by summer we're able to travel freely but personally not booking anything untill restrictions are lifted so I can get insurance cover for cancellation.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I'm just sitting tight until the situation becomes clearer/better to travel. Having canceled our holiday this year and the disappointment that followed , I don't want to go through that again. I will do a last minute hol when the time is right. I was going to say at least I've still got the holiday money from this year waiting but I bought a motorbike instead😂😂😂.
Luckily I've worked throughout and been extra busy so got a decent pot of cash awaiting ( normally scrimp and save to afford a holiday)
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We have Corfu booked for June , we travelled there with no issues in September so I’m not expecting any issues but like anything else for next year I’m not relying on it 100%.
We are on our 3rd set of dates for the US in September , if we can’t travel next year I’ll be disappointed but it wouldn’t be so upsetting I wouldn’t book , I’m just booking with the mindset it’s not definite yet.

Edited at 12:50 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
We went to Rhodes in August, no issues at all and fantastic weather
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Covid - Nobody knows.
Brexit - No Probs

Disney332
Old 19 Dec 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
Mobile

Like quite a few others on here myself and kids had holidays in Italy and Holland in the summer without issue so I would expect next summer to be similar, as long as you have the correct passport validity.
RM2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List