Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Dec 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

Those that were able to get holidays abroad this year were very lucky. I had 3 cancelled, one very last minute. That uncertainty, I predict, is likely to continue during the first half of next year.

Having said that, I have a cruise from Italy booked for April (expecting it to be cancelled but amazing if it goes ahead), a week in Spain for Whitsun week (slightly more confident about), a week in Lanzarote for August school holidays (almost certain about) and a week in Florida for October half term (if that doesn't go ahead, we are all in serious trouble!)

And yes, 4 holidays abroad is very excessive...but 2 of these were meant to happen this year but have been moved within the timescales I was allowed, the other 2 were already booked before all this happened! Part of me hopes the cruise in April will be bumped to the following year because I have used up all my holiday entitlement already!

As for Brexit, we may or may not need a visa/esta type thing, but that's easily sorted. We will start getting stamps in our passports again
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Hi
I’ll preface this by saying I have a booking to go to Italy in May, cancelled 3 times this year.
After 31st December we will be a considered a “third country” ( unless the EU decides otherwise). If Covid is still prevalent in any form then the Uk would not be allowed entry for tourism, much like the ban on USA citizens into the EU presently.
Given the uncertainty at the moment I would not be booking anything that can’t be easily refunded.
Alex

Edited at 09:31 PM. Reason: Clarity
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

We have Portugal booked for end of April and Barcelona mid June. I'm 50/50 on both of them
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone. I think we’re going to book centerparcs (uk) for the end of April, and see what the situation is with Europe. I guess probably less people than normal will be travelling abroad still, so we could still maybe get a good deal.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Europe have somewhat messed up their vaccine orders, putting a lot on the French vaccine that will not actually be available and being well down the queue for some of the others. Fortunately the Oxford will probably see them good. I imagine it will be fine.

They’ve also got Covid mutation now, they just haven’t realised it yet.
Old 22 Dec 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by porridge View Post
Thanks everyone. I think we’re going to book centerparcs (uk) for the end of April, and see what the situation is with Europe. I guess probably less people than normal will be travelling abroad still, so we could still maybe get a good deal.
I believe Centre Parcs UK have closed until vaccine is rolled out more widely (heard a snippet on the wireless this morning) so maybe worth holding back at the moment ...
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

I would make sure you have a cast iron money back plan. We arent planning a foreign holiday in 2021. It will be a year of camping for us, we will be borrowing a camper van and going around N scotland in August.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
stardoman
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
I would make sure you have a cast iron money back plan. We arent planning a foreign holiday in 2021. It will be a year of camping for us, we will be borrowing a camper van and going around N scotland in August.

I went to Germany last year but booked very last minute. Thought at one point that we would have to quarantine on our return, but discovered that if you transit through a country and basically stay in your car then you didn't have to do that.

Planning on going to Germany again if possible, ideally in May for a month or so. Will drive again. But it depends on a couple of things and I will literally book one day and go the next.
stardoman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We’ve just booked to go to lake Garda in Italy, so I hope all will be good to go for July!🤞🏻🤞🏻

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List