Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 5 Jan 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

The Serpent

Anyone else watching this? I'm up to episode 5 just cannot believe how horrendous this was!
Old 5 Jan 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes. Saw the first episode when broadcast and have watched it all on i player. If it was a made up story Id be thinking it was far fetched and would never really happen. At the very end they have where are they now photos and info really interesting to see images of the real people. Really enjoyed it and thought the costumes and filming style was really good and made it feel very fly on the wall 70s.
Old 5 Jan 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve watched it all, and thought it was really good. I knew nothing about the history of this story, and resisted googling the outcome.
Old 5 Jan 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
TrevJones
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We watched it and thought it was very well done. Glad we hadn't seen it before our daughter had gone to Thailand a little while ago
Old 5 Jan 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

We have seen first two and I think it's absolutely awful but can't stop watching it.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Its a bit drawn out for me, and back and forth with the events, but I will continue with it.
Can you believe she would stay with that man after knowing what he was doing. Only on part 2, i might binge watch the rest. No spoilers please! Lol!
Old 5 Jan 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
TrevJones
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Its a bit drawn out for me, and back and forth with the events, but I will continue with it.
Can you believe she would stay with that man after knowing what he was doing. Only on part 2, i might binge watch the rest. No spoilers please! Lol!
Must admit, the constant jumping backwards and forwards got a bit annoying. It seems to happen in a lot of shows
Old 5 Jan 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

I loved it! Watched the first episode fairly half-heartedly but I was riveted! Watched all episodes over the weekend, was very worried all the way through about who he might bump off! Jenna Coleman’s wardrobe was AMAZING!
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Watched some more last night, I'm hooked but trying to not binge watch so I have something to look forward to each night

Can't believe the amount of smoking in every scene but I suppose that reflects the 70's very well, I remember my mum walking around a supermarket smoking! There were ashtrays at the end of each aisle
Old 6 Jan 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
iloveholidays1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Watched some more last night, I'm hooked but trying to not binge watch so I have something to look forward to each night

Can't believe the amount of smoking in every scene but I suppose that reflects the 70's very well, I remember my mum walking around a supermarket smoking! There were ashtrays at the end of each aisle
I'm hooked too, but only watching slowly as it's so good. I read up about the "Hippy Trail" last night.
ASSports Oct/Nov 2014 ASSports August 2016 POFQ Aug/Sept 2019
Cabana Bay/Carribbean Beach Jan/Feb 23
iloveholidays1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List