Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Jan 21, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile Dubai first timers - flight times and hotels

We’re contemplating a late booking for Dubai over the May half term.

Prices are good right now with BA and we can pay a deposit to lock the price in and wait and see if it’s likely to go ahead before paying in full.

The best prices are for the worst flight times though, which I guess is probably normal and the times don’t bother us.

What I’m not sure about though is how these flight times work with the hotel room.

Could someone with experience please help me out?

Flight out arrives just before midnight, so would we have access to our room straightaway?

Flight home departs at 1am, would you keep your room for that night or need to be out earlier?

It’s an all inclusive resort so how would that work with food?
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

When we went with BA holidays to Abu Dhabi in 2017 our return flight left Abu Dhabi at 01.50am and our room was available until we left for the airport. We left at 11.00pm. So I’m guessing they book the room for you to cover this. I didn’t ask for a late check out so I’m assuming it was the way they booked it.I’ve only done A/I in Turkey twice, but there, it ran until you left.

Edited at 08:42 PM.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
When we went with BA holidays to Abu Dhabi in 2017 our return flight left Abu Dhabi at 01.50am and our room was available until we left for the airport. We left at 11.00pm. So I’m guessing they book the room for you to cover this. I didn’t ask for a late check out so I’m assuming it was the way they booked it.I’ve only done A/I in Turkey twice, but there, it ran until you left.

Thanks.

I was guessing that as the flight is after midnight they might count that night in the hotel stay meaning you’d have room and use of facilities and food. I hope that is the case.

I’d hope a flight landing before midnight would also mean you get the room for that night.

If that’s the case I’m happy to go with the awkward flight times. Just don’t want to be without room and or food/drinks for a day either end.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I’m pretty sure you should have your room 😊
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gillyflower
I want to go now!

We’ve always flown with Emirates, late evening to arrive around 7 am their time. We try to sleep on the plane. If you can get access to your hotel room early it’s ideal, a few hours kip and you’re ready to go and not wasting the first day.
gillyflower is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

When we flew with Emirates, we turned up at the hotel at about 1:30 in the morning. We had to start our hotel stay for the day before and let them know we’d be a late arrival. E.g. if we were due to arrive on the 5th, the hotel was booked from the 4th. Hope that makes sense. 👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve flown with BA many times to Dubai with work.
If you arrive on the 2345 flight you need to pay for the hotel room the day you land.
Eg depart LHR 6 May arrive DXB 6 May @ 2345. You’ll arrive at the hotel 7 May around 0100 and unless you pay for that nights stay you’ll be hanging around the hotel until official 1500 checkin on 7 May.
Your return flight shouldn’t be too bad. Often you can get a late check out around 3pm/5pm or most hotels have changing facilities.
We tend to book a nice dinner for 1930 and have an airport pick-up around 2230 which works well with the 0100 flight back to the UK. Get onboard and go to sleep.
The Muppets is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by The Muppets View Post
If you arrive on the 2345 flight you need to pay for the hotel room the day you land.
Eg depart LHR 6 May arrive DXB 6 May @ 2345. You’ll arrive at the hotel 7 May around 0100 and unless you pay for that nights stay you’ll be hanging around the hotel until official 1500 checkin on 7 May.
Your return flight shouldn’t be too bad. Often you can get a late check out around 3pm/5pm or most hotels have changing facilities.
We tend to book a nice dinner for 1930 and have an airport pick-up around 2230 which works well with the 0100 flight back to the UK. Get onboard and go to sleep.
That’s what I feared. How would I add the extra night with BA? Or would I have to pay at the hotel?
Old 7 Jan 21, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Muppets View Post
I have flown many times with BA and echo everything you said - you pay to extend the rooms (often) - I always ensure i have a room available when I land but play it by ear if I want to extend or use hotel Facilities to shower and change when I depart. It depends on how busy the hotel is - go at peak time it is more difficult to accommodate early and late departures but out of season anything is possible . But the night flights are definitely great way to get the most out of your stay

(Not sure I would book for May at the moment - I have just cancelled Feb and will wait till vaccinations as I dont really think we will be able to legally travel for a good few months yet - hold out and deal will be had)

Edited at 11:58 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I would ring them and ask them how to proceed to cover this. I didn't do anything, but best to check to avoid being caught out.