Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 25 Jan 21, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Honestly I don't think so. I'm feeling really hopeless about the whole situation and it's really brought me down.

Was even talking to DH about selling DVC again as I think international travel is over. He thinks i'm being too pessimistic. It just feels like with this virus being around forever and new variants every year, this is it 😢

It's nice to read some more positive comments on here though. Please somebody tell me i'm silly and shouldn't thinking about selling up.
No need to sell unless you’d rather have the cash

If we can’t travel I’m just going to rent out my points.

I can’t in my wildest dreams imagine we won’t be able to travel internationally again. It’s just that - right now - we don’t know when that will be.

The doom and gloom that’s everywhere is very depressing isn’t it!
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

Honestly I don't think so. I'm feeling really hopeless about the whole situation and it's really brought me down.

Was even talking to DH about selling DVC again as I think international travel is over. He thinks i'm being too pessimistic. It just feels like with this virus being around forever and new variants every year, this is it 😢

It's nice to read some more positive comments on here though. Please somebody tell me i'm silly and shouldn't thinking about selling up.
I think realistically any US holiday in 2021 will be a bonus, and it seems likely only from Autumn, however, I really don’t think international travel is over. It will take a while to return to a full normal but vaccinations will massively reduce the main COVID issues - hospitals filling up and the deaths. This in turn will allow us to live with COVID without the pressures on the NHS.

It is frustrating not being able to use our DVC however I still believe we will be back plenty of times in the future, so have no intention to sell. I’ve got 500+ banked points but a February use year so a decent amount of time to rent them if need be.

It is difficult to stay positive at present but if we get things under control in the UK, then holidays will follow.
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Don’t worry, I have every confidence that we’ll be able to travel again. This virus may be around forever but there are lots of clever people out there who will tweak the vaccine to work with different strains if needed. The current vaccines currently work with the new strains but we may possibly need a shot each year just like we do with the flu jab as and when new strains arise (which I’m sure they will) We’ll get to a point where we can just live with it and get on with life! 👍🏼
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Some nice reassuring posts here, thank you 🙂 Hadn't really thought that they do the same with flu each year, developing a new shot for each strain.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Don’t worry, I have every confidence that we’ll be able to travel again. This virus may be around forever but there are lots of clever people out there who will tweak the vaccine to work with different strains if needed. The current vaccines currently work with the new strains but we may possibly need a shot each year just like we do with the flu jab as and when new strains arise (which I’m sure they will) We’ll get to a point where we can just live with it and get on with life! 👍🏼
Nicely summed up in a simple and common sense manner!

It’s easy to catastrophise, Mrs YT did it Saturday. This is the time level heads are needed. By Easter things will look totally different.
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Nicely summed up in a simple and common sense manner!

It’s easy to catastrophise, Mrs YT did it Saturday. This is the time level heads are needed. By Easter things will look totally different.
I think we've all done it at some point during all this. It's so easy to get caught up in all the negativity and lose all logic. I had a few moments last week and that's not like me at all! Had to give my head a bit of a shake

Hope your wife is feeling a bit more positive now
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I think we've all done it at some point during all this. It's so easy to get caught up in all the negativity and lose all logic. I had a few moments last week and that's not like me at all! Had to give my head a bit of a shake

Hope your wife is feeling a bit more positive now
I've been the worst for it the last week. Admittedly been saying hysterical things like "Well glad we did Disney while we could" etc. Doing DH's head in I think! But for every "We will go back" comment I read I feel that little bit better 🙂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I've been the worst for it the last week. Admittedly been saying hysterical things like "Well glad we did Disney while we could" etc. Doing DH's head in I think! But for every "We will go back" comment I read I feel that little bit better 🙂
Have a gin, that helps too 😉
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
No. I just have had the feeling from mid Summer last year that we won't be going until 2022, talking tourism travel into the USA.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are still pretty confident for Aug, flights, hotels, car and OKW booked. Post Easter we are thinking things will improve quickly.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List