Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jan 14, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
I've been watching Harriet and Ozzie for a while and 4 does seem to be doing well and is learning to be crafty to get food, it was funny yesterday when I was watching 4 went straight up to Ozzie and snatched a big bit of meat from his beak and gobbled it down quickly. Hope and Honor had the same battles last year and the smallest learned to develop his skills far better by having to learn to fend for himself. I'm sure 4 will be fine although it is heartbreaking to watch.
Last years runt made me smile because it used to know to lie perfectly still and wait until the other chick was so stuffed that it fell asleep - then take the food from mother!

The NE Fla nest (Romeo and Julet's chicks) is positive sibling happy compared to Harriet and Ozzie's pair! It wouldn't be so bad if 4 could give some back, but the small little thing has to sit there and take it. It's also a bit ohh err missus when 4 moves so far away from 3 that it's hanging on the edge of the nest!

T - just had an update from the mods - apparently E4 has fed well today and they are hopeful for a size improvement over the next couple of days - good news indeed
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 14, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Thanks very much for posting this link.

It really is amazing.

My current guests have sent me a message saying that a osprey nest is near my villa. I love watching the ospreys and the bald eagle who frequents our area.

Hank
Hank is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 14, 02:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Thanks very much for posting this link.

It really is amazing.

My current guests have sent me a message saying that a osprey nest is near my villa. I love watching the ospreys and the bald eagle who frequents our area.

Hank
Hank... will you please knock it off showing people a photo of not a place to be had on Boca Grande beach... sigh... you'll be telling them about the wild, and very bonny coloured iguana that are all over Boca Grande next! You have to see these iguana to believe it folks, they are all over the island, strolling across the road.

Glad you like the BE links Hank... we are down on Pine Island at Bokeelia and can wave over to Boca Grande from Bokeelia tip

Such a wonderful area to visit is SW Fla and the Rotonda, where Hanks villa is.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 14, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

E3 is poorly, he/she hasn't eaten for a while and seems lethargic, hope they pull through
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 14, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
luxorsun71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
E3 is poorly, he/she hasn't eaten for a while and seems lethargic, hope they pull through
Hope E3 starts to eat again, was such a strong young eaglet compared to E4 now it is the opposite.has been an emotional time this year watching this nest.
Old 2 Feb 14, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Think she may have gone, hope I'm wrong
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 14, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Oh no, I think you're right... they seem to wriggle constantly even when they're asleep and there's no movement from E3 at all
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 14, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

These people seem to agree too hancockwildlife/forum...w=8&page=3 97

Old 2 Feb 14, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Blast! Must have been looking at an older camera feed

Edited at 12:52 PM.
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 14, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Who would have thought looking at how it was so strong and attacking the little one a few days ago to now that its gone-happened very quickly didn't it?
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List