Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Dec 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Pretty sure if you analysis that its not true and it obviously depends what you are comparing.

Last time I went and stayed at the New York Hotel with a free dining plan and flights for 5 nights for a family of four it came in around £2000. The hotel and park ticket element was around £900. So taking away the flights it worked out around £180 a night. (2016 prices and I did catch a good offer)

Beach club works out roughly £471 a night with a dining plan and £400 without (2018/2019 prices).

Even when comparing to a villa DLP still gives Florida a good run for the money.

Obviously depends what you are comparing but most like for nearly like comparisons will see DLP cost less as a holiday per night.

*Obviously nothing can be done about the weather
Don’t stay on Disney property. Offsite villa

I worked it out in another thread. Disney Paris just wouldn’t work for us. We spent £8.5k for 3 weeks in June this year in Florida for everything total. Looking at your figures for beach club that would cost more than that for just the hotel and food as I am assuming flights etc not included

So if I went on the same day I am currently going to Florida which is middle of May

For 5 days, flights from Manchester staying in Santa Fe with free breakfast and park tickets. Then parking at Manchester is £2176. That’s £435 per night and would still have to pay for snacks/lunch/dinner etc.

Florida this year was £404 per night including absolutely everything I spent.

I know it’s comparing apples and oranges people say but it works out less per day for us and we get to do a lot more stuff.
I’d also rather pay £2800 for a two week cruise than £2200 for Paris. It’s what’s best for your family and what you deem is worth your money.
DLP for me is not worth the money. Even though I’d like to go and would if it was a lot cheaper

Edited at 02:52 PM.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Don’t stay on Disney property. Offsite villa

I worked it out in another thread. Disney Paris just wouldn’t work for us. We spent £8.5k for 3 weeks in June this year in Florida for everything total. Looking at your figures for beach club that would cost more than that for just the hotel and food as I am assuming flights etc not included
As I said you have to compare like for like to get a true value...

Disney World onsite vs Disney Paris onsite and you find Paris wins!

Disney World offsite vs Disney Paris onsite is hard to compare but you will find similar numbers.

Disney World offsite vs Disney Paris offsite again you would find Paris cheaper I reckon when you consider the cheaper flights etc.

You said the cost per day is cheaper at World and I really don't think that is true. But you wouldn't want to spend three weeks at DLP would you so comparing 3 weeks vs 3 weeks doesn't make sense either.

But cost per day I really do think DLP wins. Obviously the flights will be cheaper as well / and you probably don't need car hire.

Anyway - we are well off topic

Edited at 02:47 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Muppetnation_20
Helping Mickey

Aaaaaah, we're leaving on the 1st March

I'm wondering if they will do any soft openings.
Muppetnation_20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugs_n_Belfy
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Excellent news. Be interested to see what tier it is and when the HS FP tier re-shuffle happens for this and rotr opening.

Thanks for posting
Old 6 Dec 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bugs_n_Belfy View Post
Excellent news. Be interested to see what tier it is and when the HS FP tier re-shuffle happens for this and rotr opening.

Thanks for posting
Not a given there will be a re-shuffle!
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Can't wait for these new rides, we haven't been to Florida for a couple of years so we're super excited.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Woohoo - super excited!

I live in hope that FP+ will be available for at least one of the new rides at HS otherwise we'll be doing some serious queuing this spring
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List