Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Apr 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Hendriks
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Advice on Resale SSR /AKL

Hello All

Currently at DIsney -- . We added on last year at Copper and used our banked points to come April-- and have a trip booked for Oct as well

Because of the late booking for April ie last Nov when we added on, we couldn't get full availability at CC, and did a split stay at SSR and CC

We really liked SSR and stayed in Paddocks

We know have addonitis as we want to come each April and October

We really liked SSR and thinking of adding on here

With the refurbs happening would you avoid SSR in 2020?
Or view it as opportunity in that come 2021 one will have new rooms?

Advice on offering on a contract

I have seen that the average price paid in Feb was $98 on DVC REsales for a contract at SSR
ROFR happened on $97

I have seen a 220 point contract that has 2018 banked points with our use year of June, ie ideal for Next april going for $104
It a foreign seller

Looking at Fidelty they have a few 200 contracts for 92 to $95 with just 2019 points

Should i offer $95 ? or $98 the average? or as it has some 2018 points I have to offer extra ?

Thanks for advice
Hendriks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hendriks View Post
Hello All

Currently at DIsney -- . We added on last year at Copper and used our banked points to come April-- and have a trip booked for Oct as well

Because of the late booking for April ie last Nov when we added on, we couldn't get full availability at CC, and did a split stay at SSR and CC

We really liked SSR and stayed in Paddocks

We know have addonitis as we want to come each April and October

We really liked SSR and thinking of adding on here

With the refurbs happening would you avoid SSR in 2020?
Or view it as opportunity in that come 2021 one will have new rooms?

Advice on offering on a contract

I have seen that the average price paid in Feb was $98 on DVC REsales for a contract at SSR
ROFR happened on $97

I have seen a 220 point contract that has 2018 banked points with our use year of June, ie ideal for Next april going for $104
It a foreign seller

Looking at Fidelty they have a few 200 contracts for 92 to $95 with just 2019 points

Should i offer $95 ? or $98 the average? or as it has some 2018 points I have to offer extra ?

Thanks for advice
Hi Hendrik's

SSR, there's conflicting info on when refurb will start, April, July and December all suggested. I now have a feeling it may start summer, and last a out 2 years.
The only thing I'm not keen on at SSR is the rooms. The new ones look lovely, so definately an 'opportunity'.
Prices at all resorts recently gave depressed very slightly so a good time to buy.
Traditionally it has been better to buy a loaded contract assuming you can rent a point for $14 each, the loaded was more expensive but only by about 6-7 a point. That gap has maybe narrowed now.
I'd consult the ROFR thread on the other board to see what offer levels are getting through and offer towards bottom end.
That is always how I've done it.
Old 12 Apr 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Hendriks

Thanks Yorkshire T

I could always offer low and then of they refuse offer more?
Hendriks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hendriks View Post
Thanks Yorkshire T

I could always offer low and then of they refuse offer more?
Of course, go in low, but remember more chance of ROFR. Seems ROFR has not been quite as aggressive recently.
Old 13 Apr 19, 05:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think that Disney are looking to buy back December UY SSR contracts currently. I asked about a direct purchase of SSR just a couple of days ago, and apparently they are waitlisting for Dec UY, and I wouldn’t be the first on the list.
Old 13 Apr 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jax1970 View Post
I think that Disney are looking to buy back December UY SSR contracts currently. I asked about a direct purchase of SSR just a couple of days ago, and apparently they are waitlisting for Dec UY, and I wouldn’t be the first on the list.
They always are looking to buy back and have had long for SSR for some time, they did when I was looking last. But they’ll only buy back if at the right price. They often don’t seem that bothered about selling either, they’d rather keep people hanging on so they’ll buy the latest resort at much higher margin.
Out of interest, why go on a waitlist for SSR direct (unless you want minimum points for benefits) when you can buy it now for $50 a point cheaper resale?
Old 13 Apr 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I hasten to add we aren't adding on any more!
However due to this thread I looked at a few resale sites. Some really good contracts out there and quite a few are loaded.
Not a bad time to buy as a small drop has taken place over the last few months.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 04:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Totally agree - resale is definitely the way to go for SSR contracts!
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
They always are looking to buy back and have had long for SSR for some time, they did when I was looking last. But they’ll only buy back if at the right price. They often don’t seem that bothered about selling either, they’d rather keep people hanging on so they’ll buy the latest resort at much higher margin.
Out of interest, why go on a waitlist for SSR direct (unless you want minimum points for benefits) when you can buy it now for $50 a point cheaper resale?
Old 13 Apr 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We just paid $106 for a fully loaded contract including banked points from 2018 which we will resell to recoup some of the cost and we don’t have available annual leave to use them anyway, even at that ROFR took 35 days and looking at data they took a lot of SSR points back lately.
We may have got through at a lower price point but it is a bit of a gamble and dependant how willing you are to possibly go through ROFR a few times and wait it out.
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Hendriks

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jasonharry View Post
We just paid $106 for a fully loaded contract including banked points from 2018 which we will resell to recoup some of the cost and we don’t have available annual leave to use them anyway, even at that ROFR took 35 days and looking at data they took a lot of SSR points back lately.
We may have got through at a lower price point but it is a bit of a gamble and dependant how willing you are to possibly go through ROFR a few times and wait it out.

How many points ?