Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Dec 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kevcazorla
Being a bit Goofy

Upgrade from DDP to DxDDP Query

Have a query relating to the upgrade of the Dining plan.

We currently have the DDP for 2020 (2 adults 1 child).

Is it possible to just upgrade one of the adults to the deluxe dining plan thus giving us more table service credits?

Thanks
kevcazorla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Shellie
Helping Mickey

I could be wrong but have you thought about upgrading the child ticket to adult then just pay for a child meal?
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter March 2017Dibb Villa April 2017 Disney’s Sequoia Lodge February 2018 Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside February 2020 Dibb Villa February 2020 Disney’s Davy Crockett Ranch April 2023
Shellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mycaseispacked
Getting Excited

To my knowledge you have to have all occupants of a room on the same dining plan so you can’t just upgrade one person unfortunately.

The suggestion to upgrade your child to an adult is a good one though, assuming you have free ddp and not upgraded from free QSDP. That would give you more adult TS credits, and you can use them on signatures while paying oop for the children’s meals if you plan well. I haven’t done it myself yet but plan to next year and have read lots of dibbers who’ve done it. The only cost if staying in a deluxe resort is the £20 ticket difference.

Edited at 07:42 PM.
Mycaseispacked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

No as above the room have to all be on the same plan :-)
Old 4 Dec 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi just remember the dxddp is a lot of food and a lot of time at these places. Not for some especially with a child .
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Upgrade your child ticket to adult at a cost of about £20 then pay out of pocket for cheaper kids meals to gain credits
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The answer is no you can’t. I agree upgrade your child and pay for their children’s TS meals. I personally think the deluxe plan would be a super dull experience for any child. Food is fuel for kids.
Old 5 Dec 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

there is also an alternative, some might object but I think it's perfectly fine :

that will only work on non flight inclusive packages AND IF you're on the FREE DDP (this won't work if you pay for the DDP )

add one adult (fake) to your party. Make it uncle Joe or whoever you want
you will need to pay for their ticket, which you won't use, as uncle Joe is a ghost guest. But uncle Joe will also receive the same amount of DDP credits as all of you (as long as you're on the free dining plan)

of course it will also only work if adding an extra person does not exceed room occupancy.
In OP's case, 2A+1C leave open 1 adult in the room

this way, each adult gets 50% more credits, and you keep the child credits

you need to do the maths, of course, the longer the stay the more efficient it is
DxDP may be wasting too many credits in the end. A half DDP per person may allow for some signatures and a couple more TS meals

I know some will say it's not ok, because the person is not travelling ... well ... you pay for a ticket that won't be used so it's fine by me, you're free to differ.

ETA : and, no, no one will ask where uncle Joe is at check in.

Edited at 09:54 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
there is also an alternative, some might object but I think it's perfectly fine :

that will only work on non flight inclusive packages AND IF you're on the FREE DDP (this won't work if you pay for the DDP )

you will need to pay for their ticket, which you won't use, as uncle Joe is a ghost guest. But uncle Joe will also receive the same amount of DDP credits as all of you (as long as you're on the free dining plan)

of course it will also only work if adding an extra person does not exceed room occupancy.

you need to do the maths, of course, the longer the stay the more efficient it is
DxDP may be wasting too many credits in the end. A half DDP per person may allow for some signatures and a couple more TS meals

I know some will say it's not ok, because the person is not travelling ... well ... you pay for a ticket that won't be used so it's fine by me, you're free to differ.

Not a bad idea at all.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post

I am seriously considering this as we are 3 credits short (possibly 4 if the new space 220 restaurant is a signature) and the cost of paying OOP works out not much less than a park ticket but we would have 8 x extra TS credits each (plus QS and snacks). I really wanted to do deluxe dining but we usually have a couple of cocktails with our sit-down meals so the tips would be insane

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List