Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Dec 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
I would like to thank everyone as well! I love reading how everyone is getting on

Joshua is coming home on Sunday for 4 weeks and I can’t wait

I was actually a bit worried when he started his History course as he had a gap year so wasn’t sure how he would cope getting back to study but so far his essays and assessments have come back very positive so I am very pleased

He is in the process of securing a house for next year with 5 others, none of them his current flat mates but people from his course and other friends he has made out and about

Joshua has 2 essays to do before he goes back so that will keep him a little bit busy but he is looking forward to not have to cook for 4 weeks ha ha

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and you all enjoy spending time with your children
I think a gap year can be a good thing, I know Georgia was worried about going straight into uni after such a hard two years studying for the A levels and would have liked a gap year. Thankfully, she has found the enthusiasm for the course and is happy to be studying too

I hope Joshua gets on well with his essays. It will help having his meals cooked for him I’m sure. Georgia is counting down the days until she can come home and not have to plan what’s she having for tea 😂 She is actually enjoying cooking, but doesn’t like the planning and shopping for it each day.

I hope you have a lovely Christmas too. I’m sure we will all really appreciate the time with our children even more this year
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Merry Christmas everyone 🎄

I hope we all are enjoying a lovely long Christmas break with our children home from uni and especially enjoying them leaving their clothes everywhere, leaving lights on, singing constantly and generally disrupting the usual calm, tidy home 😂 Not that we would want it any other way. Georgia came home last Thursday evening and it’s like she’s never been away already It’s so good to have her home, but also so nice to hear her chat happily about her other ‘home’ in Bristol and her life there.

Again, thanks everyone on here for all the support this year especially around results and the first few weeks when they moved into their halls, I know that was very stressful for many of us and I know I had so much support from you all which helped so much, I hope we have all helped each other through the worst of it now. It’s nice to still pop back on her and share the progress of our children though as the months and years now go past.

So I wish you all a Merry Christmas and I hope our children will continue to do well in whatever they do, for some it may not be university as they may change course or even reconsider their decision and try something else but I wish them all well in whatever they do.

Edited at 10:54 AM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Perfectly said DD 😀

O has been home for 2 weeks - only another 5 to go 🤣

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Oh well, start of another emotional goodbye, heading down on Sunday, and getting him settled in. He is getting a bit upset, but time passes so quickly, hell be home before we know it. How did the rest of you get on xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
Oh well, start of another emotional goodbye, heading down on Sunday, and getting him settled in. He is getting a bit upset, but time passes so quickly, hell be home before we know it. How did the rest of you get on xx
I am sorry to hear that your DS is upset about going back. Will he be in new accommodation?

My DS is here until 25th January - though her is hoping to go to my parents in a couple of weeks to see them. I think he is bored being at home - though he has his driving test in 10 days which if he passes will make getting around a little easier!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Shirley - I hope Josh gets on a lot better, very hard saying goodbye when they get upset.

Mel - Good luck for DS driving test!

Ben goes back next weekend so still have him home for another week. We have had a lovely Christmas and it’s been so nice having him home although the cupboards do not stay stocked for very long! I will miss him terribly but he has reading week again in Feb so will be able to come home for the week. He needs to look for a house now for next year so that will be on top of his to do list.
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
I do hope things are better for Josh when he returns. It must be hard for you to take him when you know he isn’t completely happy. He’s doing so well though
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I am sorry to hear that your DS is upset about going back. Will he be in new accommodation?

My DS is here until 25th January - though her is hoping to go to my parents in a couple of weeks to see them. I think he is bored being at home - though he has his driving test in 10 days which if he passes will make getting around a little easier!
Good luck for the driving test 😀 He has had a lovely extended holiday, which may make it even harder for you when he goes back 😢
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Georgia is here until the 15th and then comes back on the 16th after her exams until her next exam on the 22nd, when she will stay for the term. She finds it easier to revise at home so decided to return for the week between exams. It’s been lovely having her home but I’m going to really miss her when she goes back. She has a reading week at the beginning of March so will be home then, plus she may pop home for a weekend between as she finds this works well for her.

She’s enjoying the long break but keeps in touch with her uni friends and has gone out to the cinema or a shopping trip with some of her friends here some days which has meant she hasn’t been bored. She has also been revising a lot for her exams.

Christmas was so nice with both her and her one brother and his fiancée home for a few days, plus we FaceTimed our son in Vietnam. Since Christmas it’s been lovely to just have lots of time together chatting. Georgia has matured a lot since September and is far more independent and confident but she’s still happy to be with us and enjoys our company too so it’s been a great few weeks.

Edited at 02:18 PM.
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
New accommodation, thats why im going down as well. Xx. Omg not another reading week lol. Not a common practice in Scotland. I do wonder why they charge 9k, wish he reapplied for a uni up here, but his choice xx

Edited at 03:34 PM.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List