Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Dec 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gemms2000
Getting Excited

Mobile New Boiler - help please!

We need to replace our combi boiler as our current one is slowly giving up!
We’ve had various people out to survey and have been online to get advise. A lot of the companies are recommending a Worcester Bosch 30i and the reviews are great but the spec says it’s for smaller houses. Our house isn’t huge but it’s 3 storeys, I don’t want to commit to something that’s not going to be powerful enough, especially as the bedrooms on the top floor are our kids bedrooms that we struggle with keeping warm. When we eventually find a boiler we are planning on getting Hive with smart TRV’s to hopefully fix the heating issue.
I’m hoping that out of the thousands of Dibbers there may be someone that can say yes or no 😊
gemms2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

OP I’m no expert but based on Google indicating the 30i is 24kw, I would say that’s too small.

We’ve got a 2 and a bit bed mid-terrace, over 2 floors, and we’ve got the Worcester Bosch Ideal Classic 30kw.
Old 13 Dec 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

How many radiators and bathrooms do you have?
A 24kw will run up to 10 radiators and 1 bathroom.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we have a worcester bosh 29 cdi classic 30w

12 rads 2 bathrooms (cant run two showers at once only 3 of us not an issue)

just got a wireless control cant see a need for hive or similar to turn heating on for us getting in ? its all programmed for our weekly routine
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gemms2000
Getting Excited

Mobile

We’ve got 13 radiators, 1 main bathroom with a bath and shower over it, 1 en-suite with an electric shower, and 2 toilets with sinks
gemms2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Last year we had a Worcester Bosch 34cdi combi. That's only just sufficient for our 4 bed house.the flow is just enough for a decent shower. Filling a bath takes a while. As for heating, it copes well with 12 rads fine.
Was quoted for the smaller 24kw also and glad we didn't opt for that. The difference in cost was £760.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

We have a Vaillant which is bigger than we need but look at it like this, would you run a car to its limit all the time and burn it out or have a more powerful car and have it just purring along year after year.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

We have 17 radiators and 2 showers. We have a Baxi combi boiler and have had it for about 3 years. We can run both showers at the same time although the pressure drops a bit. Very happy with our boiler.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gemms2000 View Post
We’ve got 13 radiators, 1 main bathroom with a bath and shower over it, 1 en-suite with an electric shower, and 2 toilets with sinks
They are probably quoting 30i as it's cheaper and at a push could get away with it,but certainly wouldn't recommend. I would say go for a 35kw Worcester bosch.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
shabba
Apprentice Imagineer

shabba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Check out BOXT.com you can input all your details about your house, it then comes back with all suitable boilers.

Just used it ourselves, getting a BAXI 600 30.
shabba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List