Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Oct 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Star Wars Rise of the Resistance Opening.

Pure speculation from supposed insiders, so have no idea if true or whether I have deciphered the message correctly, but reading between the lines this could be making an appearance at the opening ceremony, possibly decked out like a spaceship. If not this a big Boeing Drone.

Is everyone looking forward to the ride? I am.

Edited at 04:20 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

OMG! Yes please that would be purely amazing!
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

I take it you read this:
I saw a little of the plans today for the ride opening. Let's just say if you are going to it, you may want to wear a Tie. They want everyone on their best behavior, so they will not allow any Fighters in. And no matter now boring it is, they don't want any Boeing. You just need to sit there and listen to the bigwigs Drone on.

As for the Size Of the stage, I have no idea, but I am sure it will be A good show. You will be in awe until you get in your Car and have to go home.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lovewdw View Post
I take it you read this:
Yes and did some digging in my lunch break as to what it could be. All fits nicely together given that drone has just gone live.
Old 2 Nov 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Proud to wear my Ears

We’ve just come back from Vegas and we drove to Death Valley past an Air Force base where they do experimental stuff. They were flying huuuuge drones there, was fascinating to see!
2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
The thing is, that drone looks nothing like a Tie Fighter. The aerodynamics of a tie fighter shaped drone would be very different. And I find it unlikely Boeing would have spent millions designing a drone based on tie fighter aerodynamics?

But it would be cool if they did have a large drone capable of transporting a person.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

There is no way in hell Disney are going to fly this thing over thousands of paying customers heads. The pr would be irreversible.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
There is no way in hell Disney are going to fly this thing over thousands of paying customers heads. The pr would be irreversible.
I thought maybe it would be on stage hovering and as they bring a curtain down, it is shown hovering, then lowers down to the ground maybe? All speculation of course, we will find out in a month! Probably wildely inaccurate.
Old 4 Nov 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The thing is, that drone looks nothing like a Tie Fighter. The aerodynamics of a tie fighter shaped drone would be very different. And I find it unlikely Boeing would have spent millions designing a drone based on tie fighter aerodynamics?

But it would be cool if they did have a large drone capable of transporting a person.
It does look a bit like the other ships that Luke Skywalker flew though doesn't it- X wing?
Old 4 Nov 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It does look a bit like the other ships that Luke Skywalker flew though doesn't it- X wing?
If they had said a large X-Wing drone then that might've made slightly more sense. X-wings look more typically plane-shaped, especially with the wings folded down. Whereas a tie-fighter is a ball with some big panels stuck out at the side.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List