Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Nov 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Cali Grill Brunch

So I have a reservation here and I was wondering if anyone has any info on the following:

I am solo but there a two entrees that appeal to me. I’d read you can order more than one? Is this the case?

I am tempted to do this as two options appeal and obviously it’ll be for the benefit of my food report, however I am only one woman and there’s only so much food even my stretchiest pants will allow

So if I’m unable to eat two meals, would I be okay to get whatever is leftover boxed to go? I know it’s a classy place but waste isn’t pretty

Edited at 11:12 PM. Reason: To clarify I meant leftovers - not the entire meal lol
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
They don't 'advertise' that you can order multiple entrees, but some servers will bring one for the table - I think it very much depends on your server. We had an extra one brought between 2 of us one year as I mentioned that I'd never tried it.
To be honest by the time we've tasted the appetiser buffet, even one entree is sometimes too much and I know they will box that up if needed.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
They don't 'advertise' that you can order multiple entrees, but some servers will bring one for the table - I think it very much depends on your server. We had an extra one brought between 2 of us one year as I mentioned that I'd never tried it.
To be honest by the time we've tasted the appetiser buffet, even one entree is sometimes too much and I know they will box that up if needed.
Ahh that’s good to know MrsBC, I might drop the hint that there’s two I really like the look of and hope my sever is forthcoming
Old 21 Nov 19, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

We just ordered two each and it was fine.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post

I think I would be too self conscious to order two. Perhaps you could sit there and look indecisive whilst you say “I am torn between X and Y” and see what happens.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
At $90 a head, when I go they are going to have to role me out of there. If I have to eat anything for the rest of the day I will have failed.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did the Cali Grill brunch in August and ordered 4 dishes between the 3 of us and our Server was lovely about it. My son and I had the chicken and avocado, my husband had the shrimp and grits and then we added the pineapple cream cheese stuffed toast. It was all good, so don’t be embarrassed to order extra if you fancy it! 😋
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fefster View Post
We just ordered two each and it was fine.
Ahhh this is good news... hopefully they won’t be too put out

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think I would be too self conscious to order two. Perhaps you could sit there and look indecisive whilst you say “I am torn between X and Y” and see what happens.
Lol... I will more than likely go this route but if the server doesn’t offer, I won’t be too self conscious to ask. After all, if that’s policy then I feel like it shouldn’t matter if it’s a party of 1 or 10

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
At $90 a head, when I go they are going to have to role me out of there. If I have to eat anything for the rest of the day I will have failed.
I like your style. I feel like I’d rather just try two meals I really like the look of and that are quite unique than fill up with basic buffet items available anywhere. And yes, at $90 you’d think anything goes.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
We did the Cali Grill brunch in August and ordered 4 dishes between the 3 of us and our Server was lovely about it. My son and I had the chicken and avocado, my husband had the shrimp and grits and then we added the pineapple cream cheese stuffed toast. It was all good, so don’t be embarrassed to order extra if you fancy it! 😋
Yay! Love this. Will also see what is going on around me as it may not be the case any more but if other tables are ordering more than one dishes I’ll feel more confident asking
Old 21 Nov 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
I like your style. I feel like I’d rather just try two meals I really like the look of and that are quite unique than fill up with basic buffet items available anywhere.
The buffet items are great and not the 'normal buffet' foods - I always have charcuterie, different sushi (shrimp tempura!) and devilled eggs mostly .
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1107602
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 12:06 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
The buffet items are great and not the 'normal buffet' foods - I always have charcuterie, different sushi (shrimp tempura!) and devilled eggs mostly .
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1107602
Devilled Eggs sounds fab but I’m unfortunately not a sushi fan, still there’s plenty of choice - thank you