Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Nov 19, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic mouse1
Proud to wear my Ears

Disney quick service and alcohol

Hi can anybody tell me on the quick service, there is 2 adults could I order four meals and get four alcoholic drinks if both adults at the till.
Just been told I can’t at Disney Coronado springs , but I pointed out if I went and ordered 2 meals I could get 2 alcoholic drinks, and if my wife went separate she could get 2 drinks. Manager told me I would be breaking the law
Magic mouse1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Disney usually want to see an ID per alcoholic drink. It may vary slightly between places/server but I don’t blame them for wanting to see ID for each drink. After all, how do they know if they second drink is for someone of legal drinking age?
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Magic mouse1 View Post
Hi can anybody tell me on the quick service, there is 2 adults could I order four meals and get four alcoholic drinks if both adults at the till.
Just been told I can’t at Disney Coronado springs , but I pointed out if I went and ordered 2 meals I could get 2 alcoholic drinks, and if my wife went separate she could get 2 drinks. Manager told me I would be breaking the law
Surely manager means you are breaking the wdw rules not the 'law' of the country/state? I thought the rule was a maximum of 2 alcoholic drinks per adult present at till? So you if you and wife both at till you could have a total of 4 drinks between you but you can't purchase them on your own.
Old 24 Nov 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
elle10
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Think it depends on the restaurant.
At Polite Pig I ordered 4 meals at the till and wanted 2 alcoholic drinks and they wanted me to prove who the other drink was for, my husband had to come over to the till.
At POFQ restaurant I brought 2 alcoholic drinks with my 2 meals no problem this was the same at most quick service places in the parks.

Never tried to buy 4 drinks at a time though.
elle10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic mouse1
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi I spoke to the hotel manager, and he agreed with me ,Disney allow 2 alcoholic drinks per I’d. So if there is 2 adults you can get 4 alcoholic drinks if both adults are there this is on qsdp.
The hotel manger walked me to the mercado quick service restaurant and told the food court manager that she was wrong, and in future anybody is allowed up to 2 alcoholic drinks per adults with I’ds on the qsdp .
Magic mouse1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Yes, you should be able to buy four lots of booze, even if two of your group are under drinking age, and reserving a table in the dark recesses of the restaurant.

Hope this helps!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post

I know the rule about two drinks per adult. But I wouldn’t have thought you could get four alcoholic drinks on the dining plan when you are there with two adults and two children, it states alcoholic beverage is over 21. This is only my speculation, I have never tried.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
It's 2 drinks per ID. Just go up separately.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic mouse1
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Yes I will infuture but then main manager tells me it’s ok to do what I did as long as both adults are there at checkout.
But to add confusion went to pool bar ,they would only serve 1drink per person who was at bar.and would not give signature cocktails, so after telling server what had happened night before I was served 2 drinks and signature cocktail. Per 2 adults with meal.without question
I did not now but some off the bars restaurants are third party and not Disney even in resort.
This is were the confusing things happen , I think they are trying to rob you as they get paid per credit and a credit is worth up to about 30 dollars even more
Old 3 Dec 19, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic mouse1
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Hi I said this to manager and she said she would refuse me service if I went back on my own..
Any body know a email to complain to Disney