Imagineer

Mobile All star sports or Music

Looking for 2021 what would one is better and why
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

They are very much the same really, a lot depends on your preference of theming to the outside spaces. By 2021 both should have the refurbed rooms similar to Pop and that the movies already has. Music is the only one with family suites but if you want just a room either will do. People often point out that sports is the first pick up point for shared buses and this is a possible benefit, in terms of the rooms and facilities I believe them to be identical other than a theme.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have stayed in both and other than the theming didn't really notice a difference. We also didn't have an issue with the buses but were there during a relatively quiet time.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

I stayed in All Star Sports last month. This was my tripadvisor review

I gave it 3/5

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort is a value resort, and its a value resort for a reason... please read on !

It's a nice hotel with some issues but overall for the price you pay its pretty good. The buses to and from the parks are constant especially at the end of the night at the parks. We only tried the one pool out and it was heated with free towels, so its hard to complain about all this stuff. The area is in a good location close to the 192 and easy access to the parks. The check in was fine and quick, exactly what you expect from a Disney hotel. Now for the negatives.

The main one is so stupid that I cant believe it was happening. When you stay in a room here, you'll be relaxing or whatever then you will hear the flush of the toilet from either the room above you or the room next door. I've never ever stayed in a hotel where this has happened before. Its pretty loud too ! Sometimes it was 8am, sometimes it was 4am. Its crazy, honestly ! I was thinking of changing rooms after the first hour of my stay, but then I came on here and realised... ohhhh this is a thing here ! I always check TripAdvisor too, but some people complain about like 1 hair on the floor, so i look at the average, which here is 4 plus out of 5 and think it cant be too bad.

The other major negative was the air conditioning... we stayed here in November during a cold front that covered the state. We didn't want the air conditioning on as the room was pretty cold in general. We would switch the unit off, but automatically through the night it would come on and blow loads of cold air in and someone would need to get up and switch it off. This would happen 3 to 4 times a night too which was super annoying !

Overall, I would stay here again if it was dirt cheap. Having stayed at Disney's Art of Animation Resort and Old Key West Resort on previous occasions I was pretty disappointed at how this turned out. If you are looking at staying here and can afford that little bit more I would recommend Art of Animation over this every single time.

Strange to write a somewhat negative review on a Disney stay too !
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dunc
Very Serious Dibber

If you're staying Value, POP is a much better option - mostly for the bus situation, but it also has much nicer grounds, and less of a motel feel. Worth a slight price difference.
Dunc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
If you're staying Value, POP is a much better option - mostly for the bus situation, but it also has much nicer grounds, and less of a motel feel. Worth a slight price difference.
Having stayed at All Star Music and Pop Century I agree that the latter is the better. Usually a little more expensive but well worth it IMHO.
Old 21 Dec 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
daves13
Getting Excited

Mobile

Both are awesome! 👍👍
daves13 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List