Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Dec 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by riversider2014 View Post
Well done, I’m glad someone was paying attention to my deliberate mistake ... 😳
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
We have that at our guard hut. Who would have thought Lake Berkley was more technologically sophisticated than Disney? 😂

A possible other Use for the magic Band?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
A possible other Use for the magic Band?
That’s true, all you need is essentially the fast pass entrance thing to let you in. Not as if they don’t already do that to allow guests in the park for the extra magic hours.

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Mobile

Being a SW Fl lass I kna less than nowt about Disney/parks, but the lifeguard at our island pool took his two bairns for 3 nights over Thanksgiving week, he didn’t want to go but went for the bairns. He’s been getting teased since he’s been back, especially as he’s also using my saying... the best part of Orlando is the road out of it!

He didn’t enjoy it one iota, thought it was overpriced (he got Fl resident prices, his wife didn’t go on any rides!).

He found food of poor quality/expensive and WDW was stowed out, and highly over-rated, none of them plan to go again. He told me Disney take circa $20 million a day, he doesn’t know if thats all parks or just WDW... kerching, happy shareholders 😁
Old 9 Dec 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
He told me Disney take circa $20 million a day, he doesn’t know if thats all parks or just WDW... kerching, happy shareholders 😁
When you’re spending 24 billion over the next 5 years on attractions, rides etc then you need to be making that kind of money...

nytimes/interactive/...eme-parks.html

It also costs 10 billion a year to run all the parks across the world so circa 3 million a day (yes, I know the main story is about Disneyland before anyone says anything 😊 )

gobankingrates/makin...neyland-day/#2

riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Last week it was 4 nights party 3 nights without and it wasn’t 4 consecutive nights so chances are you’d be there when it wasn’t a party night.

There was also a parade on a party night in the afternoon as we saw it on one of those days, unless it isn’t always the case?
Thing is, that's a lot of regular ticket-holders squashed into less than half the week's evenings. We/they used to be important enough to enjoy a much better deal.

Also, depending on how your dates fall, some visitors (more likely American) are finding that they end up with only one option.

As for parades -- for me, at least, the afternoon and evening parades were always incomparable. Losing the nighttime MK parade is a big loss.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Thing is, that's a lot of regular ticket-holders squashed into less than half the week's evenings. We/they used to be important enough to enjoy a much better deal.

Also, depending on how your dates fall, some visitors (more likely American) are finding that they end up with only one option.

As for parades -- for me, at least, the afternoon and evening parades were always incomparable. Losing the nighttime MK parade is a big loss.

Sorry, thought you meant there isn’t a parade at all for regular guests when it is a party night.

I agree that the night time ‘light’ parade is a big loss, loved that.

Old 9 Dec 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I agree that the night time ‘light’ parade is a big loss, loved that.

Absolutely.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Free Dining to a lot of people is the worst thing they did. The food quality and choice has dropped massively since it started. It has artificially increased the cost of the meals to make it more of a bargain and in the end it still has to be paid for, usually by those not on the dining plans. The sooner it is gone the better as quality and choice will increase again.
I have to agree that the QS restaurants in the MK and DHS have got worst but on our last visit in 2016 all the meals in AK and Epcot was the best we ever had. The orange chicken in China I could eat that now yum yum. I loved the food and wine Festival in 2016 trying out the real ale and craft beers.
I hate Halloween so I wouldn’t want to go to a event dressed up but if you can only go during the 6 weeks holiday it’s the only chance you can get to try out his events.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post

We arrived back this morning after 11 nights on site and overall it wasn’t a great experience. There were a couple of highs but far too many lows. A lot of those lows were because Disney just aren’t employing enough staff and a lot of the ones they do have are too overworked for even basic customer service. Grubby restrooms, dirty tables, litter. They’ve got people on every corner to sell you DVC, or bubble wands, but not enough to do the meaningful jobs. We were so looking forward to it and in the end we were just making the best of it. 😢

Edited at 02:10 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:03 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Not at all... Disney magic is still there and service we have received everywhere has been fantastic.

Sorry to hear about your experience.
I’d disagree the service is “fantastic” as a long time visitor and an ex cast member so very much aware of what Disney’s expectations were , standards simply have declined. Yes there is an element of “you don’t miss what you have never had” but lots of people have a decade or two for comparison.
We have voted with our feet. My husband isn’t bothered if he never visits Disney again (apart from Typhoon Lagoon he says) I’m not as extreme but I’m happy to wait til EPCOT is sorted before adding it back onto our Florida trips.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List