Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Dec 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Is there any easy/ cheap way to call the USA?

As above really!

I need to phone discovery cove and was wondering if anyone had any tricks or apps they could suggest that would make it cheaper than using good old BT.

TIA

TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Who ever your mobile phone provider is check with them. Some companies do an add on for a set fee for the month that allows you to dial international but use your normal minutes.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:30 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
Who ever your mobile phone provider is check with them. Some companies do an add on for a set fee for the month that allows you to dial international but use your normal minutes.
Sadly not ... but thanks for the suggestion x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Pagan8c
Getting Excited

If you look online you can find sites which show 'Shortcodes' which you put in front of the overseas no and get cheap per minute calls. I searched for ' cheap overseas calls and there were quite a few sites .
Pagan8c is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Colorman
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

If you call 0330 117 3872 and listen to the message it will tell you to input the number you wish to ring followed by the hash# key. This call is usually included in the providers inclusive minutes but I would suggest you check with the provider first. I have made many calls to the USA using this number and all have been listed as included at no extra cost in my phone bill. From memory I think you need to dial the full USA number, ie 001 407 1234 followed by hash.
Good luck, hope this helps.
Colorman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Check you don’t already have something, for example Sky on their Anytime extra pack (unlimited UK standard calls and landlines in the UK ) throw in calls to the top ten overseas destinations at 2p a minute which lots of people don’t seem to realise they already have. Maybe BT do something similar ?
I’ve also used the system colorman suggested without issue.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

skype or google voice on your phone... add a bit of paid credit and you can call numbers all over the world for very little

i used to used google voice in the US on holiday (until i moved to three). cost one cent a minute to call the uk

voice.google/
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Oooh. Lots of options. Thanks so much x
Old 10 Dec 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
vanderbar
Trading Disney Pins

I used Tesco - they had an international calling app you can download. Came with free minutes - more than enough for my calls to Disney US.
vanderbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Use Zipcall

zipcall/international-calls/

Ive used it several times and the minutes just come out of my allowance.