Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Dec 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

Rise of the Resistance and DAS Pass

We are heading back to Orlando in February, assuming the same Boarding Group system is still in place, does anyone know how that works with the DAS Pass system?

I sort of assume that you need to get a Boarding Group and when your number is called you can use your DAS Pass to get a return time at that point.
Does that sound right?
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DanLees View Post
We are heading back to Orlando in February, assuming the same Boarding Group system is still in place, does anyone know how that works with the DAS Pass system?

I sort of assume that you need to get a Boarding Group and when your number is called you can use your DAS Pass to get a return time at that point.
Does that sound right?
That is correct yes, you still need a boarding group.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DanLees View Post

Does that sound right?
Exactimundo. My son would have used this process, but he refuses to ride.

You still need a boarding pass, enter the fast pass lane and join the line inside
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mummabluberry
Earning More Ears

Mobile

DAS doesn’t give you any advantage in being assigned a boarding group but later on (8 hours or so) when your number comes up, (in our experience) we approached the CM’s at the ride entrance and we boarded straight away instead of having to queue. We found that the system worked very well for us.
mummabluberry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Both Disney (Smugglers run) and Universal (Hagrids) were excellent with regards to the DAS when we were there in September, so i am sure you will have no issues. Apart from glares from people standing in line, which we got a good few times...

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Will this still be the same by Easter pls? Wanting to set expectations to DS... how do you get in a boarding group is it via the app or do I need to go to the park? Thanks in advance... it’s all a bit confusing 🥴
Old 13 Dec 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chris123armit View Post
Will this still be the same by Easter pls? Wanting to set expectations to DS... how do you get in a boarding group is it via the app or do I need to go to the park? Thanks in advance... it’s all a bit confusing 🥴
It will depend on whether the crowds disperse by then or not but it could well be the case still. And you get into the boarding group in the app but I think if its like the Star Wars land boarding group you need to be in the park to join but not 100% sure
Old 13 Dec 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
It will depend on whether the crowds disperse by then or not but it could well be the case still. And you get into the boarding group in the app but I think if its like the Star Wars land boarding group you need to be in the park to join but not 100% sure
Ok thanks for the info! Will keep fingers crossed
Old 13 Dec 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by chris123armit View Post
I suspect not, although Easter is a busy time so Disney may re-implement the system if the numbers wanting to ride RotR are significantly high.

I would err on the cautious side and assume it will be the same when you go. In which case, yes, it's done via the app (or with a Cast Member with a terminal) and you need to be in the park. If you discover things have calmed down by that time and the boarding pass system isn't being used then that's one less thing to worry about.

Of course, by Easter Disney may have moved the two new Star Wars rides onto the fastpass system. And then you might be struggling to get a fastpass for it instead!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I suspect not, although Easter is a busy time so Disney may re-implement the system if the numbers wanting to ride RotR are significantly high.

I would err on the cautious side and assume it will be the same when you go. In which case, yes, it's done via the app (or with a Cast Member with a terminal) and you need to be in the park. If you discover things have calmed down by that time and the boarding pass system isn't being used then that's one less thing to worry about.

Of course, by Easter Disney may have moved the two new Star Wars rides onto the fastpass system. And then you might be struggling to get a fastpass for it instead!
If it moves to FP I suspect you can only have one of them as a tier 1 ride.
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List