Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Dec 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I ordered something from Disney on Black Friday had an email from Hermes to say they had it then last Friday an update to say it's been delayed but will be on the move in the next 24 hours and that's the last I've heard.
I'm assuming they've lost it as they did this last year with an order from Disney and I had to have a refund.
Fast forward to January 31st and they delivered my granddaughters Christmas stocking
Old 12 Dec 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I've got a hall full of boxes the delivery guy had something for every house in our small street of 6 houses he didn't come till after 5 so didn't want to leave surprises for some of the little ones
I sent a tex to all and they will pick them up about 9
Didn't want anybody to think they had not got a delivery after reading various threads on here
We have a great little street though and they would do it for me
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have 3 Hermes drivers who deliver here and they are great. I've been pleasantly supprised. When I'm not in they leave parcels out back in a large plastic planter under our garden furniture so the parcel is out of sight and dry. They even re lock the gate behind them. Now DPD-that's a different story 😡😡.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

According to Royal Mail my Amazon order was delivered yesterday but it wasn’t. It’s a small, inexpensive item but it’s really annoying.
Waiting for email response from RM before contacting sender.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Our Hermes delivery driver is great. If they are running late I get an email to say so.
I have had a large Royal Mail parcel left inside my wheelie bin but luckily it was empty and I was fine about it as it was raining. I would make sure you check all bins!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
We had an Amazon delivery at work yesterday. He had to do 100 deliveries in day for £148!
He said it is not worth it as so stressful
To be fair, if he earns that every day, for 47 weeks a year, that's nearly £35k a year. Who knows if this is before, or after tax, but either way, I'd expect to have a degree of stress associated with a salary like that!
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

We had a Hermes delivery today. It was an expensive (£500) item. To be fair, they delivered... only no one was in and they left their calling card telling us it had been left in the green (garden waste) bin! ANYONE could have taken it. I normally get an email to say the delivery is happening, only for the last 5 days all I've had is emails telling me it's delayed and they're chasing it up.

Annoying thing is, it was Amazon, too, who usually use DPD or Royal Mail.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
To be fair, if he earns that every day, for 47 weeks a year, that's nearly £35k a year. Who knows if this is before, or after tax, but either way, I'd expect to have a degree of stress associated with a salary like that!
And lots of them are owner drivers and pay for their truck and fuel! Oh and business and public liability insurance..

Our Parcelforce guy , although he drives a huge Parcelforce liveried Mercedes van, works for himself owns his truck and paid to get the PF wrap logos put on the van. He pays all of above, has to find someone if off ill etc. He says lots of courier companies run the same way., so not the high salary you think.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
But it's also a 12 hour day
Old 13 Dec 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Mobile

Go to the sender, Hermes wont do much unless you are the sender.

Today is my final investigation day with Hermes for a parcel I posted which hasnt tracked since Sunday.

I do think it is all couriers though, not just Hermes. Hoping I get a refund as soon as really.